• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Picked right before Roni Hirvonen.

a4qbRU.gif

Yearly tradition of tortured Leafs fans watching their opponent thrive next round and wondering forever whether we'd have done the same.

Wasn't he in our org for like, 14 metric seconds?

Though the other team offered slightly more money on a two-year AHL contract, Brazeau and Walters ultimately settled on the Leafs in part because of the initiative of their general manager. Dubas was the only general manager of an NHL team that reached out personally.

The second team of interest tabled a development plan that included a skating coach — who Brazeau would have had to pay for himself and work with a certain number of times a month — that was four hours away from the team’s trainers.

When Dubas explained the Leafs’ plan, he detailed a one-stop shop that included player development consultant Darryl Belfry, skills development coach Mike Ellis, skating consultant Barb Underhill and director of athlete performance Rich Roten

“I said ‘Look guys, Toronto is going to be heavily, heavily invested in providing you an opportunity.’ And the closing statement which closed us was Dubas said ‘John, if this guy doesn’t play a game for the Toronto Maple Leafs then we’ve failed.’ So to me it was like ‘How could you go wrong?’” Walters said.

Back