• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Waddell has always given me a Cliff Fletcher in Carolina vibes.

I think he sits in an office with an unconnected rotary phone and ultimatly does what the nerds tell him. Only unlike Cliff i think he's a wllling participant who is parlaying this rouse into another gig

I think Tulsky prefers to work in the background and have someone else field the calls from other teams. Then he just approved.

Not sure what Chicago is doing there
If this was the draft day price no one would blink, but a month out it's odd as fuck.

They have a ton of picks, so, i guess if they have a hard 18, or know what the team at 19 is going to do, it makes sense, but my better guess is they want to move up even further and think they have a better chance convincing a team to move down to 18 as opposed to 20?

Regardless, sacrificing 61 to go from 20-18 and 54-50 without a signle pick being made is, odd.

can't wait until Tulsky makes it official on LinkedIn so I can congratulate him with an emoji

Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 2.51.12 PM.png

I think Tulsky prefers to work in the background and have someone else field the calls from other teams. Then he just approved.

I read Tulsky was already fielding calls and other GM things..and their owner is pretty hands on (as Habs fans know) so he still won't have complete autonomy. Meanwhile, Waddell gets one last juicy paycheck before turning 70.

I wonder if things would have turned out differently for Dubas if he had an old-boy puppet to manage relationships with other GMs?

It’s ridiculous how slow the leafs played in the playoffs this year.

I think the biggest issue was the first pass from the blue line . They wanted to play a north south game and the only guy who looked to move the puck up ice quickly was boosh.

Beyond that, they played dump and chase with zero pursuit. Just fire it in with everybody standing still.

Still early but I can't help but thinking that perhaps I overrated Dallas. Course, with two mediocre teams, someone has to win.

edit: stupid me, I forgot the Stars center Hintz is still out. That's a huge loss for them.

Last edited:
Back