• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Bobrovsky was good this year but this is not a lesson to prioritize goaltending. Prior to this year he basically topped out as a consistently average goalie as a Panther, maybe even below average. So an average goalie went on a season-long heater behind a juggernaut team. He was good all year but maybe not elite. Not particularly surprising to me, that happens often with average goalies.

I would definitely like an average goalie fwiw!

Oilers sure do seem to get more power play opportunites than the opposing team this post-season (not just against the Panthers). Multiple 5 on 3's I seem to recall.

Bobrovsky is just average enough to eventually make the Hall of Fame
Reading comprehension. He played most of his career outside of Florida. His Florida numbers, confirmation bias narratives aside, are average. His last elite year was 2017-2018.

Last edited:
Reading comprehension. He played most of his career outside of Florida. His Florida numbers, confirmation bias narratives aside, are average. His last elite year was 2017-2018.

I think recency bias is more at play here.

If you want to take a lesson and play copycat as everyone seems to do when teams win a cup, it's not "pay a goalie 10m that gives you a bunch of average years and then hope he gets hot at 35 years old to lead you to a cup." The lesson for me is that you need elite d and elite forwards but don't necessarily need an elite goalie to win a cup. But I didn't need this playoff to figure that out.

If you want to take a lesson and play copycat as everyone seems to do when teams win a cup, it's not "pay a goalie 10m that gives you a bunch of average years and then hope he gets hot at 35 years old to lead you to a cup." The lesson for me is that you need elite d and elite forwards but don't necessarily need an elite goalie to win a cup. But I didn't need this playoff to figure that out.
elite d heh

Back