• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

If they did a straight schedule every 2 days, game 7 would be tonight. Or could have been earlier if they didn't take almost a full week off after the last round.
Part of the challenge of a tournament is playing the next game relatively soon. It’s an Ironman contest to some extent. Giving a week off to rest up and multiple days between games is pretty stupid. I would’ve liked to have a week off after Woll got injured, can’t we just pause a series till key players return??

Reactions: CH1
He's going to do it all over again. Inherit a high skill core and slowly insist that it becomes a gang of pluggers.

Or as Sheldon would tell it "I've become a better coach".

Why can't Jack Hughes just score more goals?

It’s such a weird phenomenon when a former skill player like Keefe falls in love with low-event plug-filled hockey as a coach.

And yet on the flipside, our most offense-loving coach in recent memory—Pat Quinn—was the pluggiest plug defenseman who ever plugged as a player.

He was rotten poo at the NHL level, so maybe the psychology of it ties back to that, where he has some resentment towards skill, especially the younger skill guys trying to break in. Other than Knies seemingly, who did he ever like? He did his best to run guys like Sandin, Lilly, Robertson, and others out of town. Meanwhile, rotten poo pals like ZAR and Gregor are his faves.

Back