• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Regardless what one thinks of Broberg and Holloway, Stan Bowman has zero issue setting fire to the future trying to win a cup in the present.

That Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones trade is pretty funny in retrospect.

A 6’3” potential #1 center and a 6’4” potential #1 defenseman traded for each other in their early 20’s in the kind of blockbuster, young star-for-young star deal you rarely see in the NHL.

Then both go on to become two of the most overpaid busts of the last 10-15 years.
I mean Jones is overpaid, but looking less and less so with the rising cap, and is a high end 2nd pair and or low end top pair guy for 9M.

Its looking less and less bad, and really the poor dude has been asked to do all the heavies on one of the worst defensive teams in hockey that is slowly adding actual talent.

Johansson is way bustier

I mean Jones is overpaid, but looking less and less so with the rising cap, and is a high end 2nd pair and or low end top pair guy for 9M.

Its looking less and less bad, and really the poor dude has been asked to do all the heavies on one of the worst defensive teams in hockey that is slowly adding actual talent.

Johansson is way bustier
RJ had serious hip injuries that derailed his career

Jones is like you said a low end top pair guy but on a tear down team

From a pure hockey trade the Jones/ RJ swap made sense for both teams

Back