• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I think he has some more in him. Achilles is freakish and now he's rehabbed it to hell.
I can see some games off for "maintenance" to get his stamina back. Giving more time for Robertson. I'd even try Robertson with JT and patches.
They talked about him moving to the right. He could do well with those veteran linemates

What Id like to see

Knies Papi Domi
Mcmann Willy Marner
Patches JT Robertson
Jarnkrok Kampf Reaves (to start the season if krok and Kampf ate still here

You guys think he's gonna bust his achilles again eh.

Not necessarily. I just doubt that’s an injury that a declining hockey player in his mid-30’s can ever fully come all the way back from, even if it does hold.

The Achilles is also not the only issue. He’s missed a lot of time due to other injuries over the past several years.

I was skeptical initially but the guy was making all sorts of "hard", sneaky, smart plays in the first preseason game that some of their forwards don't really do. A savvy vet that can actually play in a top nine role is nothing to scoff at. If he's junk and takes minutes from a superior kid, I'll bitch. But in the absence of that, I don't see a downside.

The Achilles is also not the only issue. He’s missed a lot of time due to other injuries over the past several years.

Not really. Remember that his 48gm season came in the 56gm year. His 71gm season came in a 71gm season. Going way back his 44gm season came in a 48gm season. And his 37gm season was him breaking into the league for the first time.

Aside from his achilles injury his worst health seasons he played 64 and 65gms out of 82 (i.e. 80% of the gms).

Back