• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Our goaltending appears to be much better. That could make up for many lost points in OT or a shootout.

Last year we punted 10 points

Mind you, Boston punted 15 points and still finished ahead of us.

Looking back at last year's preview the Leafs came in at a team +50 rating....including -11 for depth players outside the starting lineup. So +61 for the starting lineup.

He's got a slightly different layout this year so I can't see if he includes ratings for depth guys outside the starting lineup, but right now the highest team net rating he has so far is Colorado at +42 (I total them up to +44 but that's probably just some decimal place differences). He has them 6th in his rankings but that's likely due to the division they're in, on paper that's the 3rd best team by net rating so far.

I'm betting the Leafs are ranked 2nd, and probably right around +50 just like last year. So yeah the ranking improvement is more due to a bunch of top teams finally facing real cap issues, and nobody else really surging up to take their place (probably because everyone is caplocked now after the covid caplock).

funny enough one of the biggest improvements in the projection for the Leafs this year might actually be if Dom doesn't project Reaves in the starting lineup, with a guy with likely a league average rating like Patches McMann Krok or Robertson projected on the 4th line instead of one of the league's worst.

Back