• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

While Burke was always thought to be the replacement for CHerry, I do wonder if replacing him with another old, angry white guy with outdated ideas is the answer. Given how it ended, not sure he' s a wise choice.
I say that Punjabi guy is the favorite to take over given what happened.

You don't need to copy the coach's corner format. Just do something more modern and different. Simply copying it with another old guy isn't creative.
As soon as I heard him say "You People" I said on here he's done.
I said to my wife as soon as the segment was over .... he is fired.
Cherry was always opinionated on everything, that is how he got the job.
Was his comments correct? If you take the eye test then maybe he was, but these days everyone is so caught up in the numbers/stats, so he was wrong lol.

But yeah, get me a panel with Burke, Roenick, and one other jerkoff.
Roenick .... hilarious ....
Burke, milbury and roenick on the same panel ....lol.
There would be more physical play by the intermission panel then a leafs team in a year lol

You’re part of the problem if you don’t see the issue with his comments

Really .....
What was that line from jack Nicholson?
You want the truth .... you cant handle the truth lol.

Funny, I was down in the brampton area the day before the cherry incident.
I mentioned to my wife that not many people are wearing poppies.

Am I a racist?

Are we not allowed to make observations?

This isn't cherry's first time of throwing people under the bus for being uncherry like.
But this isn't really about cherry, because don should have been fired along time ago.

This is about the ability to make an observation that may or may not include a group of people which are different.

Cherry should have been fired for calling out people for being gay or as he liked to term pretty boys or girlie boys.

There was many things cherry has spoken of on his time on coaches corner that I feel he should have been removed from his position until he was given proper instruction or apologized. But we all knew it would never happen .... this was his schtick .... no mercy no quarter .... this is what his superiors banked on, don creating havoc to bring in the viewers.

But his observations about people not wearing poppies in that area are not wrong.
He used the wrong noun or two .... but he wasnt mistaken about the amount of poppies seen.

Cant say anything about mississauga because I wasnt there. But in brampton I saw first hand very very few people wearing poppys.

Am I a racist because of my perceptions? Lol

"Remembrance day is important, and popey's are symbolic of the lives lost to ensure we get to live in the best country in the world today. It is important to teach this generation of Canadians so that we never forget." Not racist.

".. and its all you immigrants that are the problem." racist.

What if the immigrants he was referring to were Americans? I love how the term racist is thrown around these days. His comments had zero to do with race and everything to do with nationality.

What if the immigrants he was referring to were Americans? I love how the term racist is thrown around these days. His comments had zero to do with race and everything to do with nationality.

Yeah except he singled out Mississauga and Toronto, so we know exactly what he was talking about.

"You people come to our country and enjoy our milk and honey..."

"Maybe he was talking about americans!!"

It's funny how conservatives force us all to play pretend like we're all 5 year olds to justify their crap.

"You people come to our country and enjoy our milk and honey..."

"Maybe he was talking about americans!!"

It's funny how conservatives force us all to play pretend like we're all 5 year olds to justify their crap.

There are lots of immigrants from other countries who are light skinned Christians. You really think he’s just talking about brown folks or Asians or what? You liberals want to read into every comment a ton of stuff never actually said, we conservatives maybe aren’t so loose in interpreting. Why has Cherry so often lauded guys like Subban, Simmonds, and Reaves if he’s a racist?

Of course he was talking about visible minorities. Unless you think he can tell the difference between a non-poppy wearing white American and a poppy wearing white Canadian just by looking at them.

Maybe we could keep the Con/Lib shit to one of the two political threads.

What might be nice is if a moderator could take all the Don Cherry talk and consolidate it to one thread.

We've sort of got it going on in multiple threads right now (the season thread, around the league, "Grapes is soured").

There are lots of immigrants from other countries who are light skinned Christians. You really think he’s just talking about brown folks or Asians or what? You liberals want to read into every comment a ton of stuff never actually said, we conservatives maybe aren’t so loose in interpreting. Why has Cherry so often lauded guys like Subban, Simmonds, and Reaves if he’s a racist?

Yes I do think that.

And so do you.

Because neither of us are 5 year olds.

Back