• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

One thing I do like about Zadorov is that when he wanted out of Calgary he went all out to show the leafs he wanted to be traded here.

I like that jhutzpa

Chaos Giraffe

giphy.gif

Every team's fanbase thinks that they get screwed by the refs more than anyone else. I've seen many a Leafs-Habs game where the refs moved heaven and earth to keep Toronto in the game with a bullshit call. Same thing happens when the Habs play the Bruins. But what the Leafs get away with versus Montreal they don't get away with versus Boston because, well, nobody gets away with as much bullshit as the Bruins. You feel that loss of advantage when you play Boston but Habs fans know we're getting screwed if we're playing either one of them.

We need to come to terms with the fact that games are not officiated anymore. They are "managed" and they are managed to engineer certain outcomes. The Bruins are now somewhat out of fashion so games are no longer being engineered to favor them.

The Rangers could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the refs would still simp for them. Don't ever buy the narrative that the league doesn't care who wins. They fucking care a lot.

think I heard his nickname is Chaos Giraffe, so he should fit right in on the Leafs blueline
That is true. When he is terrible (which is often if he plays any more than #4D minutes - heck sometime *with* just #4D minutes heh), he's *REALLY* bad. His awful play was even more noticeable/frequent before the acquisition of Hronek.

Back