• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

$10m a year for a kid with some pretty serious neck issues.

That said, I'm sure he'll be fine and should be worth a shit ton.

The offers they are getting are probably 30 cents on the dollar

Unless his neck issue is really bad , the idea that teams are ponying up trash is nuts

# 1C locked up at 24
Only for 5-more years before UFA, whereas, Byfield, Zegras etc are tied up with cost certainty for at least another 7-8 years, that’s part of the calculation. Combine that w cap hit amount + injury / first of its kind surgery for an NHLer...uncertainty drives down demand, thus market price

Only for 5-more years before UFA, whereas, Byfield, Zegras etc are tied up with cost certainty for at least another 7-8 years, that’s part of the calculation. Combine that w cap hit amount + injury / first of its kind surgery for an NHLer...uncertainty drives down demand, thus market price

It has to be the injury , Eichel studs are rarely available

Zegras , Byfield , etc..... have no track record yet and may never be point a game players

Plus now with young kids out of ELC , there are no discounts if you are a stud ...look at Makar etc .....

I can see that entire scene (or at least the last line of dialogue delivered by Newman as he leaves) being "canceled" in subsequent re-releases of this movie.
That was Reggie Dunlop, don't call him Newman. I think of Seinfeld.

I know that movie front to back. Seen it well over 100 times. I think only Blazing Saddles and Holy Grail top the amount of viewings.

The offers they are getting are probably 30 cents on the dollar

Unless his neck issue is really bad , the idea that teams are ponying up trash is nuts

# 1C locked up at 24
The issue I read was that Pegula really wants him out west but the two best offers so far are from Eastern teams.

It has to be the injury , Eichel studs are rarely available

Zegras , Byfield , etc..... have no track record yet and may never be point a game players

Plus now with young kids out of ELC , there are no discounts if you are a stud ...look at Makar etc .....
He's got a reputation as a problem child too, that will lessen the offers.

What a knob , take your best deal and move on

Your 2 years way from being 2 years away , who cares where he goes
Same thing happened w ROR - yet people were mocking MB when he said the going rate for an eastern Conf team was a 1st + Poehling + + + +, whereas STL gave none of that.

Sabres wanted ROR out of the eastern conference, and went with the lesser deal

That was Reggie Dunlop, don't call him Newman. I think of Seinfeld.

I know that movie front to back. Seen it well over 100 times. I think only Blazing Saddles and Holy Grail top the amount of viewings.
Yeah I could probably quote the entire script verbatim if I had to. It's one of the few movies where you could create a separate meme for every line of dialogue.

Back