• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Our old friend Wehave really wanted us to go after Hall, and Dubois, hell he would have given up half the team for one and 10 million a year for the other

If Hall can be had at the trade deadline for a not too crazy price I would pull the trigger. I think he’ll play better here.

Sure, for a playoff run, but teams won’t pay a lot for him I don’t much think.
It just takes two teams to drive up the price. But no, I wouldn’t overpay to get him. He’s been in a “slump” now going on two seasons. Might be more than a slump.

If Hall can be had at the trade deadline for a not too crazy price I would pull the trigger. I think he’ll play better here.

I think Bergy will go after someone like Hall at the deadline, + if Cauflield gets to stick with us = some pretty interesting winger depth

It just takes two teams to drive up the price. But no, I wouldn’t overpay to get him. He’s been in a “slump” now going on two seasons. Might be more than a slump.

there will be about 10-12 games left in the Season after the deadline....I wonder if teams will move rentals sooner to justify a high asking price.

I expect supply to continue to outpace demand - many teams will have significant ownership mandates to control spending which will hamper “buying”, moreover, I suspect it will cause some teams to have to flood the market with players looking to salvage any return thus driving down prices.

Adding to the complexity of the “market” due to 14-day quarantining in Canada, where at least 5-teams will be buyers, and maybe 5-teams total amongst US based teams.

No CDN team is going to cough up a lot knowing a player will miss at least 6GP+due to quarantining.

I feel bad for TSN & Sportsnet...deadline day will suck worse than ever

Back