• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin, Timmins and Paul Wilson relieved of duties; Jeff Gorton hired as EVP

To assure the continuity of the day-to-day hockey operations during this process, Mr. Molson has retained the services of Jeff Gorton, who will serve as Executive Vice President, Hockey Operations
Sure sounds like Gorton is here for this season to be the “fixer”…

Hallelujah.

Good riddance.

Now, who's replacing Timmins as the head of amateur scouting?

If Judd Brackett was still available, I'd have him as my top choice, but alas...

Sure sounds like Gorton is here for this season to be the “fixer”…

Yeah, Molson is retaining his services. He wasn’t appointed to a position with the Habs. A technicality, I suppose. Maybe he’ll pull a Dick Cheney and choose himself.

We'll see. I get the feeling that there won't be much that can be done to fix the lineup because of how many long-term contracts there are.

I tried to warn y'all about those contracts to players in the their mid-to-late-20s. Every single one of them turned out to be bad.

We'll see. I get the feeling that there won't be much that can be done to fix the lineup because of how many long-term contracts there are.

I tried to warn y'all about those contracts to players in the their mid-to-late-20s. Every single one of them turned out to be bad.
lol you aren't the only one. He's handicapped by them for sure, but you never know what other teams will offer, even if it's nothing :)

Dude, he’s the de facto GM. He’s getting a 5 year deal, minimum. He could have gotten other NHL GM jobs.
Sounds to me as if Gorton’s being asked to fill the same interim role he was given with Bruins back in 2005-2006 before being booted out for full time GM Chi-pet

Back