• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin, Timmins and Paul Wilson relieved of duties; Jeff Gorton hired as EVP

Are the fans/media going to fall for this trick of not having a French person in charge?

I think they need to make sure the Habs provide meaningful opportunities for deserving young execs and coaches to earn their stripes, it need not be the top job. Anyway that’s how I’ve heard it expressed by media.

There will always be people who moan.

The bilingual fake GM will be doing all the media interviews ….the people who care about language won’t remember if his name is Gordon, Groton or Gorton

They will sniff out fake, which is doubly bad because that insults people’s intelligence. Has to something meaningful. Doesn’t need to to big chair.

We'll see. I get the feeling that there won't be much that can be done to fix the lineup because of how many long-term contracts there are.

I tried to warn y'all about those contracts to players in the their mid-to-late-20s. Every single one of them turned out to be bad.

Savard and company all stupid signings...The Bergy special

We'll see. I get the feeling that there won't be much that can be done to fix the lineup because of how many long-term contracts there are.

I tried to warn y'all about those contracts to players in the their mid-to-late-20s. Every single one of them turned out to be bad.

Teams never learn

As Greta Thunberg says "Blah, blah, blah." I do not give a flying fuck what that incompetent douchebag has to say. I'm fine with letting the door him him in the ass on his way out. Timmins I would happily toss out of the nearest window.

Good riddance.

I don't think the situation is that bad. None of the players with the long term contracts. have really hit the age wall yet and can be moved if needed. I'm not saying we will get top value for those but we shouldn't have to get too much toxic assets in return either. Gallagher might be the hardest to move but he benefits from good reputation, while Price can be moved by eating some of the cap space, unfortunately. None of the other contracts are especially difficult to move at the moment. In a few years it might be different.

The picks bank is full, and there is descent prospects in the pipeline, even though there is no blue chips, as usual.

I don't think the situation is that bad. None of the players with the long term contracts. have really hit the age wall yet and can be moved if needed. I'm not saying we will get top value for those but we shouldn't have to get too much toxic assets in return either. Gallagher might be the hardest to move but he benefits from good reputation, while Price can be moved by eating some of the cap space, unfortunately. None of the other contracts are especially difficult to move at the moment. In a few years it might be different.

The picks bank is full, and there is descent prospects in the pipeline, even though there is no blue chips, as usual.

The situation is terrible IMO

Your trading aging vets and getting back an equal bad contract . Only hope is maybe you get a draft pick or a younger player as part of the package .

Our remaining prospects are years away from contributing

Bottom line is the patch job has to do a full stop , nobody is going to turn around this mess any time soon

First order of business is find a home for Petry before he has no value left . Ditto for Gallagher , we should find a fool who still drools over him

And have the title on his resume.

Once he's learned Gorton fades away.

Last edited:
Back