• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin, Timmins and Paul Wilson relieved of duties; Jeff Gorton hired as EVP

They're also speculating that Daniel Doré would be Gorton's choice for head of amateur scouting.

His call to fame is drafting Bergeron in 2003 when he was in Bawstun, but hasn't really had much of an impact in New York. In the 14 years there, he's only gotten 3 NHL regulars from the Q (One with the first overall pick). I know it doesn't paint a full picture, but it's the only information available to us.

They're also speculating that Daniel Doré would be Gorton's choice for head of amateur scouting.

His call to fame is drafting Bergeron in 2003 when he was in Bawstun, but hasn't really had much of an impact in New York. In the 14 years there, he's only gotten 3 NHL regulars from the Q (One with the first overall pick). I know it doesn't paint a full picture, but it's the only information available to us.
The rumor mill is simply trying to find all the Francophones with links to Gorton at his stops w NYR or Boston - hence Briere & Dore

I expect GM will be either Darche or Madden Jr, and Timmins replacement will be Chris Morehouse (NYR head of North American scouting - played in the Q w Moncton and is from New Brunswick). Regarded as a young up & comer

I also sense the Habs are moving towards more formally educated (college / University grads) management staff and not just jocks done good for themselves like MB and others rumored who are simply of the same ilk (Quintal, Damphousse etc.)

Yeah, the pro scout can stay. They’ve been solid at identifying talent for the most parts and winning lots of trades. Amateur scouting has always been the problem and needs a complete overhaul along with player development.

I’m pulling for Darche to be hired, pretty much only because my friend is still mad at him for going after the same chick at McGill during the late 90s

The rumor mill is simply trying to find all the Francophones with links to Gorton at his stops w NYR or Boston - hence Briere & Dore

I expect GM will be either Darche or Madden Jr, and Timmins replacement will be Chris Morehouse (NYR head of North American scouting - played in the Q w Moncton and is from New Brunswick). Regarded as a young up & comer

I also sense the Habs are moving towards more formally educated (college / University grads) management staff and not just jocks done good for themselves like MB and others rumored who are simply of the same ilk (Quintal, Damphousse etc.)
I would hope so.

Great move if the mandate is to fix it the right way

If Gorton is forced to keep patching .... might as well fire him now
I don’t whatsoever see the ownership consortium allow a full strip down & rebuild. I expect using this season as a retool with some key deals (Chiarot + perhaps Toffoli and one or two others) and using next summer for UFA / trades to bolster team towards playoffs next season

I don’t whatsoever see the ownership consortium allow a full strip down & rebuild. I expect using this season as a retool with some key deals (Chiarot + perhaps Toffoli and one or two others) and using next summer for UFA / trades to bolster team towards playoffs next season
I don't think so either, unfortunately.

This franchise are the masters at putting off today's problem to next week. A consistent kicking of the can down the road.

Let me rephrase this

Do the right thing starting now

If your scouts and development team are bad ... hire better people , you just turfed the the key players

Use common sense on your personnel , no more patch jobs

This is Gorton`s year to oversee who stays and who goes next season

Start the process of chatting with Gally and Petry about what they think of their future is in Montreal , and update their no trade team list

If a decent trade comes along where you can net a good prospect or a pick and or decent player , make it happen

These 2 are not part of the solution moving forward

Gorton needs to do what he did in NY for 2-3 seasons , purging while retooling

Work towards maximizing trades for Lek, Chariot , TT , JD and others if you find a home

The offseason should be a deeper retool not trying to sneak into the playoffs or UFA`s which is where most of your mistakes are made
We are not getting Panarin or difference makers .

The current base and D is too mediocore to start adding and thinking about the playoffs any time soon

Last edited:
Back