• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin, Timmins and Paul Wilson relieved of duties; Jeff Gorton hired as EVP

Luongo’s wife won’t leave her family in Miami, and I believe he moved his parents down there as well. A friend knows his mom from work at Air Canada

Luongo’s wife won’t leave her family in Miami, and I believe he moved his parents down there as well. A friend knows his mom from work at Air Canada
Pat Gillick never lived in Philly while the GM here. They still won a World Series. Just saying.

The situation is terrible IMO

Your trading aging vets and getting back an equal bad contract . Only hope is maybe you get a draft pick or a younger player as part of the package .

Our remaining prospects are years away from contributing

Bottom line is the patch job has to do a full stop , nobody is going to turn around this mess any time soon

First order of business is find a home for Petry before he has no value left . Ditto for Gallagher , we should find a fool who still drools over him

I'm not saying we can turn it around and be good next year, I just don't think that the gut job would be that hard. Besides Price and Gallagher, I don't think we need to take a bad contract in return for any of the other guys. But there is no path to be a contender for the next 5 years IMO.

Back