• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I know I'm super mad at losing here but had they gotten a bounce, there'd be a chance for the same team and management to be brought back.

We will look back and see this as a positive loss in the long run.

Might blame it on injuries and keep going with management because of how we made it close. After that shit performance in game 4 - losing game 5 would have capped a def clean house.

See how the new ceo works with this offseason

If you walk away from this series thinking you are close with the top tier of the league then you really shouldn't have the job in the first place.

A lot of good pieces to move forward with for a quicker turnaround to get back in that bracket but it needs an overhaul

The bones:

XXXXX-Matthews-XXXXXX
Robertson-XXXXXX-Nylander
Knies-XXXXX-McMann
XXXXX-Holmberg-XXXXX

XXXXXX-XXXXXX
Rielly-Lilly
Benoit-McCabe
Timmins

XXXXXX
Woll

- Tavares is a must go, Mitch is a probably must go. Waiving of the NMC's is the big question though.
- Rielly can't be a top pairing guy, stop the madness. I love him, good soldier for us, but use the tools we have at what they're good for. If you think he plays better with a babysitter, fine, go get a good one though. This is the first time in a bunch of years that he hasn't been very, very good in the playoffs for us, so he gets more rope than most.
- There are likely to be a few good goalies available in trade, go get one please. If Woll makes me look dumb in the future, great, I hope he does but you can't bank on that and not having 2 goalies that were playable was a major reason we went down 3-2 in the first place.
- I'm good with a return of Domi & Bertuzzi as long as neither of them price out of that ~45 point middle 6 winger price range. We need grease and guys who can chip in offence from up and down the lineup.
- The big need imo is up the middle. A 2C with the speed to play in the playoffs, and a 3C who can handle the heavies and chip in offence.

yeah, Rielly is a nice piece but it's obvious we need a minute-munching top pairing d-man. And Marner is probably the best way to get one, outside of free agency.

yeah, Rielly is a nice piece but it's obvious we need a minute-munching top pairing d-man. And Marner is probably the best way to get one, outside of free agency.

I think that's the play. Marner for an in prime top pairing defender, even if it's more of a prime Muzzin/Brodie type guy than a legit high end #1 (th . Just a legit minute crusher who can play against top opposition and then sign one of the defenders available in free agency to fill in the group. Pesce, Skjei, Roy, whoever the nerds think is the right guy.

We really shit the bed not going after Lindholm, Ekholm or Hanifin when they were available.

Mitch Marner has to be traded.

John Tavares traded or bought out? Worst case, hide him on the third line.

I would consider moving on from Mo as well.

Have to overhaul D and goaltending while breaking up the core 4. Zero faith in Tre to do this right

I know I'm super mad at losing here but had they gotten a bounce, there'd be a chance for the same team and management to be brought back.

We will look back and see this as a positive loss in the long run.

I hope so.

I'm fed up with Marner, not all that fond of Rielly anymore either.

I hope so.

I'm fed up with Marner, not all that fond of Rielly anymore either.
Problem with Mo is he is not big offensively and sub par defensively. Just meh, no where near a #1. Not to mention the teams always seems to do better defensively without him in the lineup.

Before getting to the roster the team needs smart management in place. It's very clear that the current management and coaching is not fit to rebuild this squad.

Hoping for a Keith Pelley only postseason press conference quite soon. It's scary how much is depending on this one guy right now

Back