• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I’m wondering if anyone called out marner in the locker room after the game? That was such an egregious lack of awareness in that situation, it’s mind numbing. I find it hard to believe there wasn’t a guy in the room that can’t stand that bullshit and didn’t feel the need to let him know.

Fuck up a Marner trade and your window is closed immediately. Feel really great about having Brad Treliving making that move. Really fucking great.

I guess this is where we’ll see how smart Pelley is. Even if he fires Shanahan & Keefe, the conventional hockey wisdom will be that Treliving has only been here one year and “deserves another chance”.

The only way I’m really going to have any hope going forward is if he ignores that and fires Treliving too, both because there’s no sense in staying married to Shanny’s shitty hire, and because based on his pre-Toronto track record, Treliving should have never gotten another GM job.

It’s sounding like when we had to trade Kadri with marner - scared we are gonna get a bunch of lesser pieces again.

Back to the Burke/Nonis days if they keep Tre. Your only hope is if he gets lucky and stumbles on a smart move. The vision is shit though and it matches Keefe's vision and they'll hire another coach with that same shitty vision. Firing Keefe fixes nothing unless Tre is gone too.

As for the core 4 it’s pretty clear you can’t pay 4 forwards $45 mill. Your “core 4” has to include a #1 dman.

dumping Tavares money is the smart move. If you move Marner you have to get that dman.

Or I would even do Marner for Forsberg and Askarov but I'd hate you guys even more

Back