• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Also, how embarrassing is it if you’re Tampa and you’re the only losers that failed to beat these chumps in a playoff series?

That’s so bad they should probably retroactively take away their Cup wins.

At the end of the day, even if you want guys li Kampf and Krok on your team for some reason, you shouldn’t have to pay them $4.5 mill a year for 4 years.

I’m convinced that any number of Marlies on NHL minimum deals could be called up, given Krok & Kampf’s ice-time and opportunity and at minimum, be no worse than either of those guys.

So it’s stupid to keep them around for that reason alone. And also because they’re vestigial remnants of Dubas’s fetish for pillow-soft, milquetoast low-event depth players.

Did they say what was up with Matthews?

Next season is it NHL or Jr for Minten and Cowa ? Or can we mess with them and send them back and forth to the marlies for random reasons?

Keep Bert and Domi the rest of the expired can leave.

Under contract that should move: Marner, Tavares, kampf, jarny, party planner.

Jarnkrok now at a 4 goal 82 game pace in his 93 game playoff career. A cool 4x worse than his regular season production. That is special.

I guess what irks me is that you never really need a Calle Jarnkrok. They just block you from finding out what the guys in your organization are. He played up the lineup last year while Robbie & McMann were in the AHL. It shouldn't shock anyone that both out produced him this year when given opportunities.

Guys like that are shitty security blankets for shitty coaches who want plug and play veterans instead of having to actually develop a system and style of play.

I think you can get away with firing only Shanahan and Keefe if you dont want to make it look like a complete reset, but you have to make sure Tre is just a figurehead who doesn't make any actual roster decisions.

And also because they’re vestigial remnants of Dubas’s fetish for pillow-soft, milquetoast low-event depth players.

It's funny to me that we became so obsessed with that type of player when year after year the opposite kind of depth forwards (Nick Paul, Trent Frederic, Jake Debrusk, Cousins, Perry, Colton, Armia, Kuraly) who have hurt us in the playoffs.

we needed Kerfoot and Jarnkrok on a line together though. Fuck off.

I'd be terrified that Tre stays and fixes the blue line his way

I'd expect him to target the wrong D in a Marner trade, and sign the wrong FA

pressing F5 all morning tomorrow until the news hits!

The only thing I want to know is how much time Matthews is gonna miss next season from his surgery. The rest will be loser comments from people that hopefully will be fired and/or traded soon.

Kind of funny how I’m feeling about all this. Both in the immediate aftermath of the loss last night & today.

Unlike past years when I’ve been either extremely disappointed or apoplectic with rage, I’m feeling almost totally unbothered today.

I guess at this point the Leafs losing a first round game seven has just become part of the regular rhythm of the changing of the seasons, and I never truly expected a different result, so it’s hard to be angry or disappointed.
yeah, I'm here too. kinda hate it. but also, for my sanity, seems like a better approach.

The general idea that we should be getting rid of our best players for anything other than elite talent in return still makes me sick.

Other than tavares of course.

But we still have always wasted worse money on depth players than our stars.

Back