• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

And hence why he was drafted 2nd overall. These guys are unicorns (when they don’t disappoint which is quite often)

Marner is great but LA is loathe to open up a big hole at C, not when they have Fiala and Kempe at the wings as interesting trade bait
Exactly. And in all this talk of Marner for Byfield or whomever from LA no one is asking the pertinent question, namely, why the fuck would LA do a deal for Marner in the first place? The Kings aren't a Mitch Marner away from anything. If their goal is to win playoff series he's not moving the needle. He's proven that time and again. All Marner does do in the end is accumulate regular season points while demanding Matthews or McDavid type money to do it.

We’ll never really know if they’re to blame or how much, but the Leafs couldn’t have possibly picked two worse role models for their young stars than Marleau & Thornton.
Which I said at the time. If you want to bring in veteran leadership, bring in winners, not a guy who had the captaincy ripped from him in San Jose or the guy who was run out of Boston for being a playoff choker.

The image of Edmontonson receiving that cross slot pass from Marner and see him take 3 seconds to get the shot off will be burned into my brain for a long time .

It was like being 4v5 in the ozone with him on the ice
Joel Edmundson had more designed premium chances in that series than he should have in a regular season

Domi-Matthews-Bert
Knies-Lindholm-Nylander
Robertson-Cowan-Marner
Steeves-Holmberg-McMann
Reaves (-_-)

Rielly-Montour
Zadorov-Durzi
Benoit-Lilly

Woll
Talbot

Not sure how this works under the cap.

He's lined up at C on occasion but think Cowan's definitely more of a winger.

Barkey-Julien-Cowan is London's top line.

Last edited:
Lindholm vs PLD?

Lindholm will be 30 this year, PLD will be 26

How much less do people expect Lindhom to get vs the 7x8.5 left on the dubios deal?

Other than 1 PPG season by Lindholm they both appear to be .75ppg guys.

Obviously I'm missing something here and the board will tell me I'm an idiot for not seeing it.

Lindholm vs PLD?

Lindholm will be 30 this year, PLD will be 26

How much less do people expect Lindhom to get vs the 7x8.5 left on the dubios deal?

Other than 1 PPG season by Lindholm they both appear to be .75ppg guys.

Obviously I'm missing something here and the board will tell me I'm an idiot for not seeing it.

…just to be clear. Are you advocating for the Leafs to pursue PLD?

Or arguing that Lindholm on a UFA contract would be similarly bad?

Like I said yesterday:

Tavares, crock, kampf for PLD and Danualt.

1.5MM savings and a long term 2C and short term 3C.

Back