• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I've heard that Fiala is a full of himself asshole, and former teammates were not exactly sad to see him go. Great offensive player, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Kings would be happy to move him and/or Dubois.

However, Adrian Kempe has really come into his own the last couple of years, 27 years old ... I wonder if Kempe/Clarke might be a package worth considering. I'm sure they aren't crazy about trading Clarke either but start off hammering them for Byfield and if they won't budge, is this enough of a return? Kempe with 75 points in 77 games, then 4 goals and an assist in 5 playoff games.

Anyway, busy summer ahead for Tre. Godspeed!

xxxx Matthews xxxx
xxxx xxxx Nylander
xxxx xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx xxxx

xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx

xxxx
Woll

looks like the Habs, but with Matthews and Nylander added in for free.

xsDxh1r.png

Clarke is the much higher end prospect IMO and would be the main target from LA. Don’t get sucked into a guy because he is 6’5 and fast. That’s something Tre would do though.

looks like the Habs, but with Matthews and Nylander added in for free.

I crowdsourced the lineup based on the composite wishes of the last 25 posters here.

Anyway, I would love Matthews and Nylander and a bunch of xxxxs.

xsDxh1r.png

Clarke is the much higher end prospect IMO and would be the main target from LA. Don’t get sucked into a guy because he is 6’5 and fast. That’s something Tre would do though.

Honestly, the Kings priority is taking a rufi for PLD. Team is decently setup otherwise

xsDxh1r.png

They're both stud players/prospects, again power forwards develop more slowly, and this kid's still just 21. I just don't see why the Kings would trade both of them. But if they're willing to move either one plus other pieces, I'd be very interested.

I've heard that Fiala is a full of himself asshole, and former teammates were not exactly sad to see him go. Great offensive player, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Kings would be happy to move him and/or Dubois.

However, Adrian Kempe has really come into his own the last couple of years, 27 years old ... I wonder if Kempe/Clarke might be a package worth considering. I'm sure they aren't crazy about trading Clarke either but start off hammering them for Byfield and if they won't budge, is this enough of a return? Kempe with 75 points in 77 games, then 4 goals and an assist in 5 playoff games.

Kind of depends on what your scouting staff thinks Clarke is. One of the best 20 yr old offensive seasons from a AHL defender ever. Right handed, good size.

xsDxh1r.png

Eh, I don't think their card is doing a good job here. Byfield is almost a full year younger than his contemporaries. He didn't turn 18 until 2 months after he was drafted.

I'm not sucked in because he's 6'5 and fast. I'm sucked in because his production tracks along with the physical tools. His scoring in the OHL as a 17 yr old was elite or close. His production as an 18 yr old in the AHL was also pretty damn close to elite (with elite being Nylander, almost an entire year older than him at the same point in their development).

He had a shit rookie year as a 19 yr old, but his 20-21 yr old P/60, as I just went over is completely in line with the best young players in the league right now.

Kind of depends on what your scouting staff thinks Clarke is. One of the best 20 yr old offensive seasons from a AHL defender ever. Right handed, good size.

Eh, I don't think their card is doing a good job here. Byfield is almost a full year younger than his contemporaries. He didn't turn 18 until 2 months after he was drafted.

I'm not sucked in because he's 6'5 and fast. I'm sucked in because his production tracks along with the physical tools. His scoring in the OHL as a 17 yr old was elite or close. His production as an 18 yr old in the AHL was also pretty damn close to elite (with elite being Nylander, almost an entire year older than him at the same point in their development).

He had a shit rookie year as a 19 yr old, but his 20-21 yr old P/60, as I just went over is completely in line with the best young players in the league right now.

He’s good, but Clarkes production is elite. He just had one of the best 20 year old season for a dman in the AHL ever. The year before he put up the 2nd best 19 year old season in the O of all time.

Different levels.

He’s good, but Clarkes production is elite. He just had one of the best 20 year old season for a dman in the AHL ever. The year before he put up the 2nd best 19 year old season in the O of all time.

Different levels.

Except one of the two just did it at the NHL level and they're basically the same age. Clarke had a great year in the AHL, I'm going to guess that Byfield would have similarly beat the shit out of the AHL as well. If Byfield was 2-3 weeks older, they would have been the same draft class.

Tavares to Chicago for our 1st next year?

We won't have to dump Tavares. He's basically owed bus far after July 1. His entire salary this year is bonus. Someone gets to have him for zero cash owing and cap space. We're not going to have to pay to get rid of that.

We won't have to dump Tavares. He's basically owed bus far after July 1. His entire salary this year is bonus. Someone gets to have him for zero cash owing and cap space. We're not going to have to pay to get rid of that.
Chicago owns the Leafs first in 2025, he was suggesting Chicago surrender a 1 to get Tavares, which is equally stupid if not more so then Toronto paying a 1 to make him go away

Tavares for our 2025 1st round pick that is currently owned by Chicago.

Fuck moving any assets to move Tavares. Would sooner ride out the year and go from there.

Back