• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

The leafs window is small because of dubes. They have limited assets to trade, no cap space and have a few guys who you need to try to win now with. Really can’t worry about the downside on Tanev. He makes them better.

God, today is going to be an epic fucking disaster, isn’t it?

Going to be so cool signing bottom-pairing OEL, or 95-year old Chris Tanev and paying them only slightly less per season than Carolina just re-signed Slavin for.

And then paying some garbage 30 year-old minor-pro journeyman/career backup $4M per year long-term because their nerd stats in their career-high 20 starts look good.
Yeah I’ve been cynical but its going far worse than even I feared. Impressive ineptitude, bubbles

D still has zero offense other than Rielly and potentially Lilly if he emerges. You can’t go into the season like this and OEL is not the answer. They need to go all out for Montour.

Wonder if there’s a path to unloading timmins and Lilly and replacing them with boqvist and lundqvist on matching 1/$1 deals.

They’ve got to find a way to get rid of
Kampf and Krok without salary back.

All of that frees up about 4.6 (assuming you replace kampf and Krok for 1m each).

also, not joking about giving a silly long term deal to a goalie … it can be campbell, Murray, jones etc. keep it to $1.1 or less and you can bury them - few teams would
Have the appetite to absorb that term. Can’t head into the season expecting 80gp from broi/stola - woll, and the leafs can’t be in a spot where they’re depending on hildeby (by all means give him games).

Wish next PM would give a tax break to athletes to play sports for major franchises here to compete. That and more long weekends - and I’m onboard to vote for whoever.

Insane that everyone is charging the leafs more to play here. JT signing sucks to drive up those second contracts. But now on 34 for not setting an example to take less - he makes enough on the side to not miss a few mill a year to invest in a financial jackpot of a cup here.

i really thought term should get Tanev under $4m. and i'm not sure why if you go 6yrs you wouldn't go 8, given you're not expecting him to play even the full 6yrs.

not an overpay in caphit, but an overpay in term. not sure term will burn us in the end tho anyways.

Back