• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Theodore-Tanev
Rielly-McCabe
OEL-Liljegren

Would be one hell of a d corps. If of course the Vegas Marner rumors are true (Frankie is likely full of shit but still).

It's not a bad day, it's not an amazing body of work, it's just kinda middling.

I can recognize the value in Domi, even though I'm not a huge fan, but whatever savings we got him to agree to was more due to him wanting to stay in TO, not any bit of great negotiating. I still don't see why he had to beg for deals before and now after one year with us he just landed this contract, but whatever.

I'm glad they decided to let Bertuzzi walk. I think that contract will look bad soon.

The Tanev deal would've been better received if he was our second dman signing and not the top one. Losing out on those few younger and more upside type guys stings. OEL could be interesting, but again with the term. 3 years from now we're going to likely be dying to get rid of these guys, but win now mode, so okay, fine.

Stolarz is a very good signing at that number, and thrilled Lilly is back. The Woll extension seems premature, but if he has an amazing year coming up, it'd have been $5m or $6m to extend, so okay. Murray is decent insurance that I presume they keep buried all year long.

Best news of the day is Baboon and Eddy moving on and getting locked into numbers and term that we can't acquire at the deadline.

So, all in all, good, not great. Personally bummed that we didn't grab Debrusk - I really like that contract for him.

There isn't much left to do now. Robertson should be leaned on and signed. Should try hard to dump the 4th line. And let's see a cheapie Skinner or Tarasenko type add or two. But this is more or less the team, plus Cowan and maybe Minty.

Reports are we squeezed him pretty hard to agree to that number, and judging the market that seems pretty accurate.

Hard to not give Tre some credit there, whether Domi wanted to come back or not.

Back