• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

The rumors about Markstrom seemed pretty legit as well, wasn’t just your regular old guessing on Twitter.

They knew the parameters of our offer etc..

Mirtle and Siegel both reported it as truth that we offered a 1st and Conroy turned us down.

We can circle that square however we want, but it's super likely that Markstrom was Plan A.

Be nice to get upgrades at 3C and 4C + one more third line winger to replace Robertson who hopefully moves into top six. The 3C becomes really important cause there’s a good chance JT won’t make it as a 2C with how slow he looked last year and we will need someone to step in.

Here’s to hoping pizza boy can get rid of some of the playoff (or generally) useless guys in the bottom six. Replace them with smart, faster and more skilled guys that will take the pressure off the top three forwards. Last season was real bad with how much they had to carry the load (mainly Matthews and some Nylander) for us to win games.

Mirtle and Siegel also reported Liljegren is a goner. Not sure they have decent intel now that Dubas is gone.

Mirtle and Siegel reported it. Marty Biron reported it and said Markstrom blocked the trade to Toronto. Friedman reported on his podcast that other teams "including the Leafs" made an offer. Kypreos said similar. We're just not the organization anymore where we can laugh off smoke just because it sounds dumb. We're clearly a super leaky boat now from an intel standpoint. Everyone knows everything before we do it now.

1719859122546.png

Face it, Markstrom was plan A. I'm happy that we backed into plan D-E-F or whatever Stolarz was. But let's not pretend that this was the plan.

Mirtle and Siegel both reported it as truth that we offered a 1st and Conroy turned us down.

We can circle that square however we want, but it's super likely that Markstrom was Plan A.

have mirtle and siegel been insiders without dubas tho?

have mirtle and siegel been insiders without dubas tho?

Wasn't just them. They were 2 of the chorus. I mentioned them first because the blog post I pulled quoted them from their athletic stuff. The entire idiot industry knew about it.

well I'm fucking glad they didn't take our offer then. and I'm definitely glad we didn't care to outbid everyone.

Maybe they asked for more retention.. I don't know, whatever. I guess Tre loves guys he's familiar with and really believed in Markstrom. At least they pivoted to the right option. A value play with some upside due to lack of previous opportunity

Maybe they asked for more retention.. I don't know, whatever. I guess Tre loves guys he's familiar with and really believed in Markstrom. At least they pivoted to the right option. A value play with some upside due to lack of previous opportunity
Tre is a jenious.

The rumors about Markstrom seemed pretty legit as well, wasn’t just your regular old guessing on Twitter.

They knew the parameters of our offer etc..

Most of the regular twitter guessing seems to have a pretty good idea of all of our moves on everything these days.

I didn't want to come into this year relying on Liljegren to be a top 4 guy and while they're not fully relying on it, they'd sure have an elite d corps if he was that.

I guess you can roll into the season like this and target someone at the deadline if things aren't looking good on that front. OEL is perfect as a 5 that can jump up and down the lineup. But come playoff time I hope they have someone else in that top four slot.

Was hoping their d would for sure be set and they can just focus on a C at the deadline but whatever. Honestly just grab the best players this time, regardless of position.

I didn't want to come into this year relying on Liljegren to be a top 4 guy and while they're not fully relying on it, they'd sure have an elite d corps if he was that.

I guess you can roll into the season like this and target someone at the deadline if things aren't looking good on that front. OEL is perfect as a 5 that can jump up and down the lineup. But come playoff time I hope they have someone else in that top four slot.

Was hoping their d would for sure be set and they can just focus on a C at the deadline but whatever. Honestly just grab the best players this time, regardless of position.
We have Tavares why would we need a c

Team is handcuffed with the core four/five....been like that forever. Soon as July 1st rolled around and the fat contracts still anchoring the team, it was obvious they weren't going to get any freeagents worth a damn.

Yet another year of running it back....fucken pathetic organization.

Highlights for the upcoming season, watching Woll become the number one and Knies one of the better power forwards of what little there is in the game. Maybe a guest appearance from Easton Cowan.

Last edited:
Back