• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

One interesting contrast between last offseason and this one - in 2023, Tre gave term to nobody, but in 2024, he was multi-year only guy.

Does this not scare you a little?

Ekman-Larsson is the bigger name, but let’s start with Stolarz. For one thing, he’s absolutely massive at 6 feet 6 inches, 243 pounds. He’s also quite good. As a career backup with a history of getting injured, he’s never played more than 28 games in an NHL season with the Flyers, Oilers, Ducks and Panthers, but he’s put up good numbers every step of the way.

With Woll's "issues", Murray's "issues" and apparent Stolarz's "issues", how good is Hildeby supposed to be this year?

Does this not scare you a little?

With Woll's "issues", Murray's "issues" and apparent Stolarz's "issues", how good is Hildeby supposed to be this year?

A big reason he hasn't played more than though is just being stuck behind big ticket goalies. He has a knee surgery on his record, but I don't think it's the difference between him being able to play 25 games and 40+. In 19-20, he played 40 games total between the AHL (39) and NHL (1) and put up a .922. In 15-16 he started 47 in the AHL. Fwiw, starting big numbers in the AHL is harder than in the NHL. The travel conditions are way worse, the access to trainers and physios are way worse and the schedules are goofy as fuck.

To answer your question re: Hildeby, he's probably ready to play 10+ games in the NHL now without falling on his dick.

Changes from the regular season roster:

Bertuzzi --> McMann/Robertson/Holmberg (all 3 played about 2/3 of the games, so 1/3 more each = 1 player)
Gregor/Dewar --> Dewar

Brodie/Boosh --> Tanev
Giordano/Eddy --> OEL
Klingberg -------> Hakanpaa

Samsonov -------> Stolarz
Jones ------------> Murray

changes from the playoffs roster:

Bertuzzi (7gms, 18:35) --> McMann
Gregor (2gms, 8:05) ---> ?

Edmundson (7gms, 18:40) --> Tanev
Boosh (7gms, 16:30) --------> OEL
Brodie (1gms, 17:10) --------> Hakanpaa

Samsonov (5gms, .896) -----> Stolarz

I think we’re definitely better today, but I’m feeling disappointed because I think the opportunity was there to reach for higher quality. Resigning Domi with term and long term deals to old men Tanev and OEL don’t do it for me. But who knows, maybe the likes of Debrusk, Montour, and Skjei rejected us and we got the best of the rest.

Just underwhelmed. And not surprised about it either.

You guys had high expectations. You wanted two top-3 dmen plus some forwards plus a goalie…in one day!

More changes coming; possibly big ones!

I think we’re definitely better today, but I’m feeling disappointed because I think the opportunity was there to reach for higher quality. Resigning Domi with term and long term deals to old men Tanev and OEL don’t do it for me. But who knows, maybe the likes of Debrusk, Montour, and Skjei rejected us and we got the best of the rest.

Just underwhelmed. And not surprised about it either.
Give it a few days, zeke will convince you

giphy.webp

Back