• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

View: https://x.com/hbwknies/status/1837229129155981739

ya know Mitch was definitely not at his best all year last year. probably a shitty offseason from all the marriage BS, and then the high ankle sprain later on. wouldn't be surprsied to see him have a good one this year.

and don't be shocked if Tavares benefits from losing the C and the "demotion" to line 3. he might be a new man as well.

just in time for new contracts.

Knies --- Matthews --- Marner
Domi --- Nylander --- Jarnkrok
Pacioretty --- Tavares --- Grebenkin
Cowan --- Quillan --- Reaves

Rielly --- Tanev
OEL --- McCabe
Webber/Chadwick --- Liljegren

Woll
Murray​

While its great to be able to watch a game again I'm starting the season as the eternal pessimist.....and that a new outlook for me :(

Knies --- Matthews --- Marner
Domi --- Nylander --- Jarnkrok
Pacioretty --- Tavares --- Grebenkin
Cowan --- Quillan --- Reaves

Rielly --- Tanev
OEL --- McCabe
Webber/Chadwick --- Liljegren

Woll
Murray​

If I was still capable of optimism about this team, I’d like to imagine that the reason Yarncock’s getting a shot on the second line is because he’s just one of a few different bubble boys that’ll be getting an opportunity on that line throughout camp. And if he can’t hack it there or is outperformed by someone else, he’ll be gone.

Though the real reason is probably that the new coach and the organization still values him as a 20-goal “Swiss-army knife” type player.

If I was still capable of optimism about this team, I’d like to imagine that the reason Yarncock’s getting a shot on the second line is because he’s just one of a few different bubble boys that’ll be getting an opportunity on that line throughout camp. And if he can’t hack it there or is outperformed by someone else, he’ll be gone.

Though the real reason is probably that the new coach and the organization still values him as a 20-goal “Swiss-army knife” type player.
Prolly thinking Willy needs at least one defensively responsible winger

Back