• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

yeah i was thinking there was no burst from cowan so far too.....but then also it wasn't like he was super fast last year, it was more that he was simply making plays. hard turns even while standing still to keep the puck and make plays. none of that so far this year.

He was deceivingly quick last year and was able to seperate himself from the other teams defenders multiple times per game to create chances. Part of that is probably putting himself in the right spots to do those things, so maybe he's not actually slower or anything, just less opportunistic.

He's not an elite skater or anything so it did surprise me to see how often his skating created chances last year. None of that this year though. Nice hands, obviously skilled, making ok plays with the puck, but not really differentiating himself.

Still think he should get 9 games no matter what happens in pre season. The alternative is banishing him to junior for another year. Be sure he's not making an impact this year. There is no rush to send him back.

Maybe but if he can't look good in say 4 preseason games is 9 regular season games gonna be better?

Big Jonathan Swan energy there

image.jpg

But angrier

Back