• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Do We have Rebuild Thread? If Not This Is It

The rebuild will be long , but Gorton has to move some vet contracts if the deal is right

Petry and Gally had many good seasons in a row , teams may see this year as the outlier and with team suckage a change of scenery is what others may see

I expect significant change by the deadline , team is too deep in suckage to worry about winning and includes next year

Ya, or we can hope either one go on a hot streak. It sucks to sell low, but at the same time, making sure we get a bottom 3 pick and maybe even the #1 spot is pretty important for the rebuild. I can't see Petry/Gally both being dealt right now, I would think Petry would go this year and #11 next year. LeCoq is right, you can't flood the supply and also, when is the last time a team unloaded half a roster before the trade deadline? We're looking at most likely 2-3 guys getting swapped.

Ya, or we can hope either one go on a hot streak. It sucks to sell low, but at the same time, making sure we get a bottom 3 pick and maybe even the #1 spot is pretty important for the rebuild. I can't see Petry/Gally both being dealt right now, I would think Petry would go this year and #11 next year. LeCoq is right, you can't flood the supply and also, when is the last time a team unloaded half a roster before the trade deadline? We're looking at most likely 2-3 guys getting swapped.

Your not selling low

These are not Jamie Benn ( I have sucked for 3 years now ) on a worse contract

They are worth less next year if they continue looking like crap

Price is the player that has to rebuild his game before a trade

Also many teams are in trade mode now , looking to move the deck chairs

He will turf 1/3 of this team by the deadline and half by end of next season

Nick is the only core piece team has to work with

No doubt in my mind Petry , Gally and Price are gonzo at some point
not really sure much can happen this season - not many expiring contracts - will have to wait for the offseason

The rebuild will be long , but Gorton has to move some vet contracts if the deal is right

Petry and Gally had many good seasons in a row , teams may see this year as the outlier and with team suckage a change of scenery is what others may see

I expect significant change by the deadline , team is too deep in suckage to worry about winning and includes next year

I don't expect anything too significant at the deadline. Chiarot and Kulak will most likely be traded. I could also see Lehkonen drawing interest if we decide to move him.

I think Chiarot is 100% gone, no doubt about it. Kulak I'm not sure there's that much interest in, but if we can get a 5th/6th for him, then so be it.

I think there's a good chance Lehkonen will be traded. I know people like to rag on him, but teams need players like Lehkonen and coaches love him. Plays his ass off, plays within his limits, doesn't complain. I think we could possibly get a mid-round pick for him.

While I doubt they'll be traded by the end of the year, I can't help but wonder if Drouin/Toffoli are moveable.

If we're smart, we can accelerate the rebuild by doing what Arizona did in the last calendar year:

Leverage your capspace into taking bad contracts. In return, we get picks.

Call up Calgary, see if they'd be willing to part with their first & Lucic for something.

Call up teams with the worst contracts in the league and see if you can leverage something.

If we're smart, we can accelerate the rebuild by doing what Arizona did in the last calendar year:

Leverage your capspace into taking bad contracts. In return, we get picks.

Call up Calgary, see if they'd be willing to part with their first & Lucic for something.

Call up teams with the worst contracts in the league and see if you can leverage something.

Arent we capped out

We are the ones trying to move dead weight cap

Arent we capped out

We are the ones trying to move dead weight cap
Trade Chiarot without taking any salary back, trade Kulak and/or Lehkonen without taking salary back, suddenly we have more than enough room to take on Lucic's contract.

If we're able to move some more players, like Toffoli, we'll have more space. The asterix is always, will someone take Price's contract (at 50%, I don't think there's a chance in hell someone takes the whole thing) in a trade? If they do, another $5.25M opens up.

There are ways to make spaced if the GM is creative.

Trade Chiarot without taking any salary back, trade Kulak and/or Lehkonen without taking salary back, suddenly we have more than enough room to take on Lucic's contract.

If we're able to move some more players, like Toffoli, we'll have more space. The asterix is always, will someone take Price's contract (at 50%, I don't think there's a chance in hell someone takes the whole thing) in a trade? If they do, another $5.25M opens up.

There are ways to make spaced if the GM is creative.

Lek or Chiarot deals are minimal money savings if its close to the deadline

I dont see teams giving up much to take on a few bad deals , other than a few second rounders or marginal prospects that are no better than ours

I like the idea if we didnt hand out all these long term deals

I would rather trade lets say Gally for example who is beloved around the league

Get back a decent 4 mil player with 3 less years , plus net a second and a decent prospect

Each vet with term adds picks /prospects or term savings in return

If Gorton is creative there are deals to be made

I think Chiarot is 100% gone, no doubt about it. Kulak I'm not sure there's that much interest in, but if we can get a 5th/6th for him, then so be it.

I think there's a good chance Lehkonen will be traded. I know people like to rag on him, but teams need players like Lehkonen and coaches love him. Plays his ass off, plays within his limits, doesn't complain. I think we could possibly get a mid-round pick for him.

While I doubt they'll be traded by the end of the year, I can't help but wonder if Drouin/Toffoli are moveable.
I thought about Drouin but 5.5 for next year is probably too much commitment for some team looking for playoffs help. I think they, along with Hoffman, can get traded this summer.

Not to excuse him because he's been part of the problem, but I'm not really sure we know what a "Ducharme kind of player" is.

We still have a very-Bergevin/Julien roster.

Back