• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

Then just tank, we are missing way too many pieces. Savard at 4m/yr is going to be incredibly hard to trade now unless we take a bad contract back. This isn't a playoff team right now, bubble maybe.

players don't tank, tho

Hamilton to end his PC w Canes said “I like the fact you guys (media) were not allowed in the room and I didn’t need to interviews this year”, then exited stage left....yup sounds like a guy willing to sign in Mtl
If Hamilton were a female tennis player the internet mob would be defending her decision and asking why she has to answer questions at all ever.

Then just tank, we are missing way too many pieces. Savard at 4m/yr is going to be incredibly hard to trade now unless we take a bad contract back. This isn't a playoff team right now, bubble maybe.
$3.5m and that's in line with worse D.

First of all, Savard is getting $3.5 million, not 4. And being a bubble team is all this franchise aspires to anymore. They like to keep expectations nice and low so that whatever the result they can always put a positive spin on it. If they were the old "Win the Cup or everyone gets fired/traded" Habs, they'd have to actually accomplish things in order to create positive media spin.

I see 4/yrs 18m, isn't that 4.5? Then I see the AAV at 3.5 on TSN too.

TSN wrote this:

"The St. Hyacinthe native has signed a four-year deal with the Montreal Canadiens worth $18 million."

Back