• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

Eichel is going to be traded in the next few days, unless Adams is a moron, and he’s a Harvard man so . . . The longer they wait to let him have his surgery, the less he’s worth in trade.

His neck injury is strange

I am sure many players have had disk surgery and recovered

How can this be unique that Jack is requesting this different option of going under the knife

Having 2 sets of doctors butting heads is crazy

It's truly amazing the job that Chiarelli and Holland have done.
They've literally ruined the prime years of two of the best players in the last 15 years.

McDavid & Draisaitl aren't going to win a fucking thing there. They're not even going to come close.

I mean... How in the fuck do you let Adam Larsson walk for 4x4 only to replace him with Cody Ceci at 4x3.25?

Absolutely unreal.

They've literally ruined the prime years of two of the best players in the last 15 years.

McDavid & Draisaitl aren't going to win a fucking thing there. They're not even going to come close.

I mean... How in the fuck do you let Adam Larsson walk for 4x4 only to replace him with Cody Ceci at 4x3.25?

Absolutely unreal.
Ceci..not sure why him, but Larsson apparently wanted out of Canadian market

Ok so it’s officially Aug & 7.5 weeks from opening of training camp....it’s time for second annual Sami Vatanen watch.

1-yr relatively inexpensive deal, PP QB, pair w Chiarot....buy time for Weber to return for game 1 of playoffs

Last edited:
Ok so it’s officially Aug & 7.5 weeks from opening of training camp....it’s time for second annual Sami Vatanen watch.

1-yr relatively inexpensive deal, PP QB, pair w Chiarot....buy time for Weber to return for game 1 of playoffs
There is no point in my mid at least since it's just better to give Norlinder, Wideman, Brook that chance.

Vatanen was on waiver last year. Might as well go back to Gus.

Oilers offseason right now...

Traded for Duncan Keith
Re-signed Nugent-Hopkins 8 years @ $5.75M
Let Adam Larsson walk
Zach Hyman 7 years @ $5.5M
Mike Smith 2 years @ $2M
Cody Ceci 4 years @ $3.25M
Traded Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele, then gave Foegele 3 years @ $2.75M

Jesus...

I still think the Oilers will be OK eventually. Mcdavid is signed for 5 more years. Their top five or six prospects are really good and all close to stepping into the lineup and giving them cheap production. Guys like Bouchard, Broberg, Mcleod, Holloway....

They just need to get a goalie, however signing Nurse may be tough....

I still think the Oilers will be OK eventually. Mcdavid is signed for 5 more years. Their top five or six prospects are really good and all close to stepping into the lineup and giving them cheap production. Guys like Bouchard, Broberg, Mcleod, Holloway....

That is true and the prospects have a lot of potential. But as you mentioned will be tough without a good goalie (and a real good defense).
Offense wins games, defense wins championships (even it is not always true it still is valid).

Edmonton has a bunch of decent at best prospects. None of these you listed were a Caufield / Suzuki-esque prospect that warrant real hype.

Bouchard & Holloway are decent prospects, but middle of the lineup. Broberg, I dunno about him. McLeod & Benson, shrug, TBD. Their first round pick this year has promise, but he's not going to be in the NHL this year or the next.

Edmonton has a bunch of decent at best prospects. None of these you listed were a Caufield / Suzuki-esque prospect that warrant real hype.

Bouchard & Holloway are decent prospects, but middle of the lineup. Broberg, I dunno about him. McLeod & Benson, shrug, TBD. Their first round pick this year has promise, but he's not going to be in the NHL this year or the next.

They don’t need their prospects to be great , just be reliable and productive .

Bouchard

Bouchard looks pretty good.

I think Bouchard can be a second pairing guy, which is good. I just don't think he's a blue chip prospect or that he's a type of player that will be the "leader" of the second pairing.

Holloway screams third liner who could move into the second line, but again, maybe like Bouchard he'll improve his skills.

Broberg's got a lot of work to do. He's one of those guys whose body moves too fast for his brain and I don't know if that's fixable.

They don’t need their prospects to be great , just be reliable and productive .
I think they can be reliable, to an extent. Productive, though? I don't think any of 'em are going to be productive, at least not right away.

I think they can be reliable, to an extent. Productive, though? I don't think any of 'em are going to be productive, at least not right away.

True, but their support staff was atrocious over the years

I can’t see how this next crop can be that bad

Like someone else said in this thread, they don't need these guys to be McDrai or Nurse. They just need them to be RNH or less.

Absolutely unreal.
If McDavid played in the NBA he'd have demanded a trade 3 or 4 years ago at least. He seems like a bright enough kid so he should know that he's never going to see a Cup if he stays there. Maybe he's choosing to be comfortable rather than chase Cups.

Back