• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #14: OCT 29, 7:00 SN - Caps @ Leafs

zeke

The return of Dermott. Though to be honest I expect plenty of rust and limited minutes for him.

Caps are a weird team at the moment. Their nice record doesn't seem be supported by anything they're doing underneath it - not traditional or advanced stats.

Last time we played them we were at worst even them even though it was the 2nd night of a back to back for us, and even though they had 4pps to our 1.

These are very gettable points tonight.

Gameday.png

christ when did our fourth line start getting caved in so much

it's a problem.

4th line battle should still be wide open imo for when we're healthy.

wouldn't be shocked if Moore-Spezza-Tima is the best option in the end.

Their usage is kind of crazy too. Goat has 95% defensive zone starts. Going to give up a lot with that kind of usage.

The inability of highly paid talking heads to actually analyze the game without leaning on old timey tropes is turrible

No chin brings up the obvious shite that has been the Leafs schedule to start the season and RayRay basically shouts him down.

"Leafs aren't a tough team". Backstrom throws an elbow at Matthews head with no call, Rielly hits him with a couple cross checks in the ribs and gets immediately called for it.

It's shocking the number of headshots Matthews has taken without any penalty calls. The NHL then proceeds to talk about how seriously they take head trauma. Laughable. Almost as laughable as the Leafs' response to such plays. I mean somebody maybe needs to just jump and start pounding on the next person who goes after Auston to send a message to the rest of the league. It's obvious the refs don't care and will not contribute to his safety.

Back