• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #14: OCT 29, 7:00 SN - Caps @ Leafs

I mean you think Reimer is a good goalie so your goalie evaluation card was given up a long time ago.

Also, nice 5 on 3. I know this is somehow Babcock or Anderson's fault but haven't figured out how yet.

One scoring chance all period and you're bitching.

If you think that goal given up by Anderson was a bad call or evidence of "shitty goaltending" them you really don't know what the **** you are talking about and are more out to lunch than I gave you credit for.

Watch this as many times as you need to, and answer why Freddy was so deep.

Stick to shuffleboard doc.

One scoring chance all period and you're bitching.

I am not the one bitching. You just don't understand what a good or a bad goal truly is by a goaltender. Not sure how else to explain it to you but by no metric or analysis by anybody who knows anything about hockey would call that a bad goal.

And I haven't even defended Anderson this year. Have called him out plenty and he has been very poor to start the season. It's just laughable how much you jump at opportunities to blame him when it isn't always warranted.

I am not the one bitching. You just don't understand what a good or a bad goal truly is by a goaltender. Not sure how else to explain it to you but by no metric or analysis by anybody who knows anything about hockey would call that a bad goal.

Yeah our goaltending has been good this year. You go, girl.

This period was exactly what every fucking twit has been screaming about the Leafs needing to play like. They gave up 4 shots against 5 on 5. Fucking 4. 1 of them even being remotely good, it went in.

Teh Leafz kant play the d-fence!!!

The fuck out of here.

Watch this as many times as you need to, and answer why Freddy was so deep.

Stick to shuffleboard doc.

Are you blind? To you that is "deep in the net"? He has come well out and a part of his skate is actually outside the crease. Isn't completely out of the crease but by no means is he deep in the net.

Goalies coming out of the crease completely is really pretty uncommon. Again, he didn't come out like crazy to challenge the shot but he was by no means deep in the net. Keep grasping at straws.

Hahaha.

"Freddy was deep in the net".

I was kind enough to give you the video, your resonse was that he wasn't in the crease because his left foot was on white ice that for 100 years was part of the crease.

He was in the blue paint, full stop. You're either trolling, colour blind, or stunned stupid.

I feel like part of the issue with Barrie is that Babcocks system tries to neuter him and make him play more safe much like Keefe,s marlies that get promoted. If you arent going to let Tyson Barrie be Tyson Barrie...like what are you doing?

Goalies coming out of the crease completely is really pretty uncommon. Again, he didn't come out like crazy to challenge the shot but he was by no means deep in the net. Keep grasping at straws.

Top of the crease is the position there. push out and feet to the line. This is goalie basics shit man.

Here:

I'm kind enough to educate. Watch the depth this kid is pushing to on his "T" push when the coach is walking him through drills for the video. Watch where he's been drilled for his feet to land. That's the position goalies are taught to find to challenge the shooter. Top of the crease. Specifically so that the shoulders cover as much of the corners as possible.

Freddy was too deep, get over it (also not square and shading the near post too much, but whatever)

I feel like part of the issue with Barrie is that Babcocks system tries to neuter him and make him play more safe much like Keefe,s marlies that get promoted. If you arent going to let Tyson Barrie be Tyson Barrie...like what are you doing?

Certainly seems like it. It's not Tyson Barrie out there so far.

Anyways you can see why it beat him so easily - he was down on his knees and Carlson shot just as he was popping up to his feet and wasn't set for what would have been an easy save.

Anyways you can see why it beat him so easily - he was down on his knees and Carlson shot just as he was popping up to his feet and wasn't set for what would have been an easy save.

You can make this kind of analysis on any given goal given up by a goaltender. Seriously, the James Reimer apologist is talking to me about goaltending analysis. You can't make this stuff up.

I agree with this.

Back