• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #14: OCT 29, 7:00 SN - Caps @ Leafs

Also when another player on a different team says what Ovi did today it should be a wake up call for every player on this team. It's what I've been saying for a while that our top guys care more about personal achievements than doing the necessary things to win.

1 chance...1 goal

But let's talk about how shit defensively this team that has allowed 3 shots, and only 4 shot attempts in the first 11 minutes of this game is.

Washington is second only to Boston in getting away with piles of dirtball play. The NHL does nothing to protect its stars. Disgusting.

I mean that was a heavy slap shot to a very small part of the top corner by a defender who has 22 points in October.

And Anderson made an excellent save on the PP on an Ovy one-timer so it wasn't exactly their first chance. I don't think the Leafs have had a scoring chance either since their goal in the first minute of the game. But continue to ignore everything outside of the goaltending.

I mean that was a heavy slap shot to a very small part of the top corner by a defender who has 22 points in October.

And Anderson made an excellent save on the PP on an Ovy one-timer so it wasn't exactly their first chance. I don't think the Leafs have had a scoring chance either since their goal in the first minute of the game. But continue to ignore everything outside of the goaltending.

Lmao.

That Freddy was deep for, despite it being completely telegraphed once it kicked off of the boards. Good shot, cool. But goalies stop good shots all the time.
And Anderson made an excellent save on the PP on an Ovy one-timer so it wasn't exactly their first chance.

Fine, we'll call it 2 chances, 1 goal, point still stands.
I don't the Leafs have had a scoring chance either since their goal in the first minute of the game.

Good timing chief, 2 chances immediately after you posted.
But continue to ignore everything outside of the goaltending.

Hey, I didn't make this shitty narrative the mediots (and you) have been feeding on all week. The Leafs are playing a gritty, hard working, defensively responsible brand of hockey in the first period, everything that everyone is asking of them and the problem that the rest of us have pointed out (the goaltending has been shit) is the reason it's tied.

That Freddy was deep for, despite it being completely telegraphed once it kicked off of the boards. Good shot, cool. But goalies stop good shots all the time.

Fine, we'll call it 2 chances, 1 goal, point still stands.

Good timing chief, 2 chances immediately after you posted.

Hey, I didn't make this shitty narrative the mediots (and you) have been feeding on all week. The Leafs are playing a gritty, hard working, defensively responsible brand of hockey in the first period, everything that everyone is asking of them and the problem that the rest of us have pointed out (the goaltending has been shit) is the reason it's tied.

If you think that goal given up by Anderson was a bad call or evidence of "shitty goaltending" them you really don't know what the fuck you are talking about and are more out to lunch than I gave you credit for. I get the 2 chances 1 goal argument but not all chances are created equally. Similar to why pointing to team save percentage being low as the sole reason for our poor start ignoring the crazy amount of high danger chances we have given up including a ridiculous amount of breakaways.

If you think that goal given up by Anderson was a bad call or evidence of "shitty goaltending" them you really don't know what the **** you are talking about and are more out to lunch than I gave you credit for. I get the 2 chances 1 goal argument but not all chances are created equally. Similar to why pointing to team save percentage being low as the sole reason for our poor start ignoring the crazy amount of high danger chances we have given up including a ridiculous amount of breakaways.

It was shit goaltending.

It was shit goaltending.

I mean you think Reimer is a good goalie so your goalie evaluation card was given up a long time ago.

Also, nice 5 on 3. I know this is somehow Babcock or Anderson's fault but haven't figured out how yet.

Back