• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #14: OCT 29, 7:00 SN - Caps @ Leafs

Don't love the new PP. Everything is above the circles and at the point. The used to force everything to the net. And they are still stationary, they just swapped Matthews/Marner. Shot attempts. and scoring chances have dropped off dramatically from the last few years when they were dominant.

Don't love the new PP. Everything is above the circles and at the point. The used to force everything to the net. And they are still stationary, they just swapped Matthews/Marner. Shot attempts. and scoring chances have dropped off dramatically from the last few years when they were dominant.
Matthews and Marner just look better on their strong side. I tried to tell you guys last year. The off-wing on the pp isn't for everyone. Maybe it eventually comes to them... But they're just not comfortable in that role at this point.

+1

and the only guy we have that's dangerous from out there, we're not setting up for shooting opportunities. It's like they've decided that Rielly's wrister from the point is our core weapon. Yet another season where the PP looked deadly until "coaching" took over.

Matthews and Marner just look better on their strong side. I tried to tell you guys last year. The off-wing on the pp isn't for everyone. Maybe it eventually comes to them... But they're just not comfortable in that role at this point.
Matthews 1 timer >>>> you

Matthews 1 timer >>>> you
Look at them. Turnovers every time they touch the puck. The entire ice is open on their strong side and they make plays. That isn't happening this year.

Maybe they need time to get used to it but early results are trash.

Also not sure about the breakout. I get wanting to attack two guys with spped, but they just end up trying to skate through 7 guys standing still at the blueline.

Is this what Florida did last year?

Mikheyev is the new Kulemin. Good skill, good grit, good skating... just can't bury the puck on a consistent basis.

Look at them. Turnovers every time they touch the puck. The entire ice is open on their strong side and they make plays. That isn't happening this year.

Maybe they need time to get used to it but early results are trash.

The results were trash last year too. We've already seen what Matthews' one timer looks like. Saying that he's better on that delayed curl and shoot, or a trap and shoot that gives time for the PK to shift over and get in the lane is silly.

The results were trash last year too. We've already seen what Matthews' one timer looks like. Saying that he's better on that delayed curl and shoot, or a trap and shoot that gives time for the PK to shift over and get in the lane is silly.
It looked better last year.

Back