• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #14: OCT 29, 7:00 SN - Caps @ Leafs

Auston tied Marner for team scoring lead with 15. 59gl/88pt pace now. Only 3 pp pts in there.

I'm familiar with the numbers. That wasn't an unlucky PP last year, it was a bad PP. Almost never tried to cross the royal road, but the shots generated were from what the statistics consider to be prime ice. It's not that simple though.

I've heard that argument before, but not sure how much I buy that xGF are worth less on the PP. Especially cosidering the Leafs had the 2nd best PP in the league over the previous 2 seasons. Considering the chances didn't drop significantly, but SH% did, it certainly looks like luck.

I've heard that argument before, but not sure how much I buy that xGF are worth less on the PP. Especially cosidering the Leafs had the 2nd best PP in the league over the previous 2 seasons. Considering the chances didn't drop significantly, but SH% did, it certainly looks like luck.

Tough to tell. Anecdotally I just remember so many tavares slot shots that never seemed to have a chance to go in.

I think we had enough sample for luck to sort itself out. The PP was basically league bottom inept outside of 1 relatively short stretch to start the season and then one really short stretch in Feb were it ran at like 40% for 7-10 days. It looked like a bad PP for most of that. I think it's more likely that xGF (which is really just shot volume & shot location wrapped up in a nice package) was just wrong here.

Tough to tell. Anecdotally I just remember so many tavares slot shots that never seemed to have a chance to go in.

+1 and a lot of bad Mitch wristers into the goalies chest that likewise, had no chance to go in, but was from a "good" shooting location.

Back