• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #4 - AUG 7, 8pm, SN - Not like this

Mirtle already has an article up about how this is all the same shit over again. I can't even bring myself to read it. This series, aside from Fred (who he unsurprisingly gives a free pass), is nothing like any of the recent playoff series the Leafs have been in. They've been fucked hard by unfavourable bounces against a team they could have easily swept otherwise.

article will look kinda dumb if they do win this series.

Mirtle already has an article up about how this is all the same shit over again. I can't even bring myself to read it. This series, aside from Fred (who he unsurprisingly gives a free pass), is nothing like any of the recent playoff series the Leafs have been in. They've been fucked hard by unfavourable bounces against a team they could have easily swept otherwise.

Why do we not mention the shitty goals Korpisalo gave up yesterday? He was downright embarrassing all night and those could be argued as "bounces" for the Leafs.

This is all bullshit. Bounces can happen and affect a series but we haven't consistently been bounced in the playoffs and about to lose to a vastly inferior opponent because of "bounces". It's the same loser mentality that has haunted this team and this fanbase for years.

Why do we not mention the shitty goals Korpisalo gave up yesterday?

Because Andersen is a fucking all star making 5 million. Korpisaalo is a backup making 1.1

Our goaltending is supposed to be a hell of a lot better than theirs and it hasn't been.

And the Leafs have had chances that would go in 9 out of 10 times. They happened to not score on those and instead scored on some impossible stupid shots. Still doesn't change the fact that as a whole they are under-performing their expected goals total. Maybe it's because they don't have enough grit or determination or culture to finish on the BJ's trash goalies. Or maybe these are simply events that would have a different result in most scenarios. I don't have the answer to that. Maybe a new culture would change things or maybe the small sample size is having an impact on the lack of regression by series end.

And the Leafs have had chances that would go in 9 out of 10 times. They happened to not score on those and instead scored on some impossible stupid shots. Still doesn't change the fact that as a whole they are under-performing their expected goals total. Maybe it's because they don't have enough grit or determination or culture to finish on the BJ's trash goalies. Or maybe these are simply events that would have a different result in most scenarios.
Fuck you, wizard

We can only hope but I'm sure he's covered his ass with some weasel words.
Narrative will be that they learned how to win and that their experience helped them and they simply needed to go through adversity to learn and um culture and grit and other fun buzzwords that they'll throw out there at random.

Btw, what is an Ian Tulloch and why does it have an audience?
I listened to a podcast with him on it once. He just yells over people and thinks he's the smartest person in the room while in reality he sounds insanely dumb. Unbearable.

I listened to a podcast with him on it once. He just yells over people and thinks he's the smartest person in the room while in reality he sounds insanely dumb. Unbearable.
This Mirtle or Cherry? Burke? Trump?

I was perusing his grades for the game yesterday....Andersen 3 stars?

Yeah I don't do his twitter or Athletic stuff or whatever he does. I just heard him once and he went on my shit list. This poor girl was infinitely smarter than him and he spent the entire time mansplaining things incorrectly as if she was blind.

Because Andersen is a fucking all star making 5 million. Korpisaalo is a backup making 1.1

Our goaltending is supposed to be a hell of a lot better than theirs and it hasn't been.

Who cares what he is paid?

There hasn't been a goaltending advantage in this series. Both goalies have had their moments and their bad games. Our roster top to bottom is better and we are still losing.

Our offense is supposed to be a hell of a lot better than theirs, and it hasn't been.

I agree. Trump is the highest paid federal employee. Does that mean he is the most competent?

Back