• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #6: 2024/10/21 TOR v TB: The Old and Improved Bolts - ON AMAZON PRIME ONLY

I believe a few of us were mentioning Stolartz for awhile. check-out his numbers on a bad Anaheim team. He's the real deal.
I'm not big on the obsession over size with players, but I think size matters for goalies more than any position. We use to have small goalies like Toskala we depended on.

Stolarz has been great so far, for sure. But he's still a dude who has never appeared in 30 NHL games in a season, with a long injury history.

I'd feel a lot better if we started alternating starts for our goalies. None of them can handle a starter's workload on their own.

yeah, Stolarz has always been vrey good when healthy.

Stolarz has been great so far, for sure. But he's still a dude who has never appeared in 30 NHL games in a season, with a long injury history.

I'd feel a lot better if we started alternating starts for our goalies. None of them can handle a starter's workload on their own.

Yeah, I don't have any doubts about his ability to give is 30-40 above average games. 40+ though? There's only one way to find out i guess, but handling workload is its own skill for a goalie.

Even if Woll isn’t healthy, there isn’t really a good reason for us not to be alternating goalies.

Not when Stolarz has never played anything close to a starter’s workload at any level of hockey. And when we’ve got Hildeby, Akhtyamov & Murray all around.

Even if Woll isn’t healthy, there isn’t really a good reason for us not to be alternating goalies.

Not when Stolarz has never played anything close to a starter’s workload at any level of hockey. And when we’ve got Hildeby, Akhtyamov & Murray all around.

Fwiw, Murray just stopped 35 of 37 in his 2nd start of the season.

I wouldn't plan on playing him more than 40 games. Even if he doesn't get hurt its a big workload addition, especially if you hope for a long playoff run, and his body isnt used to that wear and tear. He probably shouldn't have played 5 of the first 6 and I wouldn't keep that up .

I wouldn't plan on playing him more than 40 games. Even if he doesn't get hurt its a big workload addition, especially if you hope for a long playoff run, and his body isnt used to that wear and tear. He probably shouldn't have played 5 of the first 6 and I wouldn't keep that up .

Yeah, it would have been nice for Hildeby to have gotten one more of those games.

Back