• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #6: Thurs-May 2-8PM - Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Why Not Us? Bruins Suck, Go Leafs Go!

axlsalinger

With the possible exception of the Florida Panthers, who everyone agrees are a juggernaut, this year's playoff race is wide-open, especially in the East. And let's be honest here, the Boston Bruins suck, and all we need to do is win 2 more games .....

SO WHY NOT US?

QMxjPud.gif

With Leaf Nation hoping that Auston Matthews will make his return, and with home ice dis advantage, it's time for the Core 4 to step the fuck up and give us their most complete playoff game yet.

sGWEoaG.jpeg

Plus, the Maple Leaf coaching staff has finally figured out that they should be playing Joseph Woll in net. #BetterLateThanNever! It seems like every year a playoff team has an unexpected goalie go on a Cinderella run. So why the fuck not us?

GO LEAFS GO!!!

eKfrNJu.gif

Last yr’s Boston playoff choke job is in the HHOF

And so 73% of those who voted in the clip above predicted the Leafs will win the series

Last yr’s Boston playoff choke job is in the HHOF
I want this year's to eclipse that one by a wide margin, which it would given that Willy was out for 3 games, and then Matty for 1.1 games and who knows what else.

What we really need is a big fat 5 minute major and game misconduct/suspension to Marchand, some massive momentum-cementing event, that would just take the wind out of them and make them roll over and die. I'm not super concerned about tomorrow, but really would want some kind of extra boost from something like that if we can push it to 7.

If it's gonna happen in any game, it would be game 6 here.

In my view, of the final three games, game 7 is the hardest, then game 5, and game 6 the easiest.

We won the second hardest one. We gotta win the easiest one now. And if Matty comes back strong and goes supernova at home, that's the best shot we have of seeing an offensive display.

We know that no matter what, game 7 would likely be some low scoring nailbiter like we just had in game 5.

If it's gonna happen in any game, it would be game 6 here.

In my view, of the final three games, game 7 is the hardest, then game 5, and game 6 the easiest.

We won the second hardest one. We gotta win the easiest one now. And if Matty comes back strong and goes supernova at home, that's the best shot we have of seeing an offensive display.

We know that no matter what, game 7 would likely be some low scoring nailbiter like we just had in game 5.
But game six has Fatty McFatterson jerking himself raw with the match game.

I don't want Matthews back unless he is 100%. They can win without him in the meantime. The team seems to make a better effort when hes not there to save their bacon.

Last edited:
Back