• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Bruins 1/24 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes (and their mothers) ship up to Boston.

The Canes look to put the stink of the Wild game behind them. The positives? Necas continued his hot streak after returning from injury. He has 3 points and 11 shots in the 2 games back. The negatives? Pretty much everything else. Svech didn’t travel tonight, Bunting was on the top line at practice yesterday, Lemieux and Fast joined KK on the 4th line. It wouldn’t shock me if Spencer Martin got the start tonight, he faced the Bruins 3 times with the Jackets. Regardless, he’ll play tonight or tomorrow night.

The Bruins are 2nd in the league on points but have the best points percentage with 67 points in 46 games. They’ve won 5 straight and are 6-1-3 in their last 10. Stats? We don’t need no stinking stats. The NHL website stats page is down and out.

Later start due to National TV on TNT.

As I will be in attendance, I just don't want to be embarrassed. The Canes can win this depending on which Canes team shows up. I'm hoping they all want to impress mom and play lights out tonight.

On the upside, the Bruins are much more the kind of team that Carolina was built to play against, so there's that. On the downside, it's a team with two really consistent star players supported by a raft of solid guys filling the other roles and supported by not one but two goalies who save significantly more goals than expected. Carolina either needs a brutally efficient offensive night or a stellar goaltending performance to beat this bunch on the road. Fun.

Svech not playing in a game like this is unfortunate because I think the Bruins defense and goaltending is how they keep their heads above water. Canes will have their hands full, especially if their game resembles anything that looks like Sunday.

Spencer Martin doing exactly what the Canes need, just steady as it goes in front of a great defensive structure…no freebies, no brain farts and just make the saves you should make!

Back