• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Canucks 12/9 10:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Like Diogenes searching for an honest man, the Canes are searching for their first point on the road trip. Diogenes was a cynic, so sounds right.

The Canes didn’t practice or hold media availability yesterday, so no word on Svech’s availability or which goalie gets a chance to reverse his fortunes. But probably Raanta.

The Canucks started the season like a house on fire, 12-3-1. They’ve cooled off since, 5-5 in their last 10, but still sit tied for 2nd in the Pacific with 35 points in 27 games. JT Miller, Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson are all in the top 10 in the league in scoring. Brock Boeser leads the league in goals scored. Miller is tied for 9th. Hughes is tied for the league lead in assists, Miller is tied for 5h, Pettersson is 7th. You get the picture. It’s not much better in goal, Thatcher Demko is 9th in GAA and tied for 7th in save % among goailies that have played in at least 8 games. Their PP is 5th but their PK is bad, 27th.

Bally Sports South for TV.

Can't say I look forward to watching this game (and probably won't because of the late start), but I feel that way about whoever the Canes play. Sad.

Vancouver has been all over the place lately, but I guess that's better than where the Canes have been ... at least since last Saturday. Before that, THEY were all over the place too. God only knows what you'll get from this matchup.

Raanta was first off the ice after the morning skate. Svech skated some, but RBA said he’s not holding his breath that he’ll play tonight.

The continued flawed theory that Staal can drive a scoring line.

Bunting - Aho - Jarvis
Teravainen - Staal - Necas
Martinook - Kotkaniemi - Fast
Lemieux - Drury - Noesen

Two of the most well needed phrases in Canesland these days…make an effing save and make a bloody trade…this team has turned foul like bad milk.

The continued flawed theory that Staal can drive a scoring line.

Bunting - Aho - Jarvis
Teravainen - Staal - Necas
Martinook - Kotkaniemi - Fast
Lemieux - Drury - Noesen
why not pay me league minimum and I'll play 1st line winger.

This team is simply not very good, let’s stop with all this contending team nonsense, a fringe 8th seed at best if they are lucky. It’s not even entertaining.

Back