• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Islanders 4/28 7:00

Cool bit of history! And Paul also had uncles Anton and Marian playing in the league who I remember watching as a kid playing for the Leafs!
Peter had the best career of the 3 and ended up in the Hall of Fame. Anton averaged nearly a point per game over 650 games. Marian only played 322 games.

Paul’s older brother Yan played 91 NHL games for the Bruins and Blues

Peter had the best career of the 3 and ended up in the Hall of Fame. Anton averaged nearly a point per game over 650 games. Marian only played 322 games.

Paul’s older brother Yan played 91 NHL games for the Bruins and Blues
Peter and Paul combining for over 2000 points and counting as a father and son duo is pretty amazing…that puts them up there in pretty lofty company with the Howes and Hulls who both surpassed 2500 points for father/son all time point duos or for the Howes…trio!

The Tkachuks will join that list one day.
Already at 1831 points. They are going to blow by everone eventually. Hull's had 2561 NHL points. Howe's had 2623.

The big * is that is NHL points. The WHA is a big reason the Tkachuck's will likely eventually end up on top of this list. Bobby Hull played 7 seasons in rhe WHA. Gordie, Mark, and Marty Howe played 6 WHA season's each. Both of those families would have possibly had over 3000 NHL points if not for the WHA.

The Canes now have the best OT winning percentage in NHL history. They’re 29-17 for a .630 winning percentage, surpassing the old record of .625 held by…the Islanders.

Paul and Peter are 4th all time in playoff goals, behind the Hulls, Lemieuxs and Howes. Paul’s brother Yan never played a playoff game in the NHL.

Swedish Sebastian Aho is just another guy Finnish Sebastian Aho has to beat.

"yeah ... I got over that weird coincidence a couple of years ago. It's cute that you guys have just noticed that two players in the league you're paid to cover have the same name, though."

Say that. Drop mike. Move on.

Another big special teams game ... this time the kill. Amazing for Freddie to finally get a series clinching win under is belt, and I though he really grew into that game as it went along. Honestly though ... it's good the Canes have a bit of a break because they HAVE to find a line that will work for Necas before Round 2.

Back