• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Panthers 5/24 8:00

Alright, time to turn to the baseball season. /looks at standings. Cubs and Tigers are not worth watching. Thank god that the Ashes is coming up in a few weeks.

And I just want to say: screw the hockey gods. All I wanted was to be able to catch a Canes/Golden Knights game while in Las Vegas. They couldn't do that for me, so fuck them.

Can't believe they make that call at this point in the game, AFTER letting all other the horseshit go by the wayside. I'm just waiting for Brindy to get fined by the league. FL won this game, but I give the refs a big assist.

Sadly the shortage of any competent officials in this garage league showed it’s ugly head all year and impacted so many games, but the league swears they have the best officials anywhere…

Games would be called better by the players
Games would be called better by people who'd never seen hockey before.

Absolutely disgusting display of NHL rule enforcement...or lack of... still puzzled by the high stick no-call on Ghost in game 3??? WTF...exactly?? Bettman should be ashamed (& fired) for allowing that shit to go on.

Carolina didn't help themselves by failing to get the puck past Bob, but considering the players Carolina was missing, I'm proud of their effort and determination. I just hate that Jordan Staal and Brent Burns didn't get closer to winning the Cup. The ice was tilted towards Carolina's net.

Next year Svech will be back, Pacioretty (who knows?), Kase (gone), and there should be some new faces & skill guys....

Not a fan & never considered pulling Vega$, but [Polar's word] the Panthers.

Jim

Bad penalty taken by Staal in the o-zone.
Necas was invisible not only tonight, but for most of the playoffs. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t moved this offseason.

Bad penalty taken by Staal in the o-zone.
Necas was invisible not only tonight, but for most of the playoffs. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t moved this offseason.
It was a BS call on Staal.

Not that it wasn’t technically a penalty but to that point they hadn’t called far more egregious violations on both sides. That was a borderline call. To call it in that situation based on what came before is total bs.

Last edited:
The sun came up this morning! Tons of fun and excitement this season, so many wins, so many dominating games, so many epic comebacks,the Stadium Series game was one for the ages, final four berth and Canes hockey till almost Memorial Day…lots to be thankful for!!! The summer ahead is full of lots of work and tweaks for this team but the foundation is strong, keep building!!!

Last edited:
My biggest initial concern after last night is Slavin's health after that hit. I'm hoping he recovers well and has no lingering issues.

Slavin is one of those guys that almost never puts himself in position to be hit squarely. To see him get lit up like that so badly I'm sure shook up everyone in the organization and fandom. Glad to hear that he initially seems to be ok.

I'm not spending any real time ruminating on this one because I value my own mental health. I'll say this ... the officiating sucked all series long, but in addition to the specific crappy calls, that suckage allowed a pretty good, very evenly matched series to devolve into chaos by the 4th game. I'm spending exactly zero seconds further discussing that mess.

It was a BS call on Staal.

Not that it wasn’t technically a penalty but to that point they hadn’t called far more egregious violations on both sides. That was a borderline call. To call it in that situation based on what came before is total bs.
And it had no real impact on the ensuing up ice play.

The NHL must have some rule that officials have sensory and intellectual development deficiencies.

Back