• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Panthers 5/24 8:00

Old Forrester 86 Proof is also a pretty good cheaper and available option.

Angels Envy is very nice.
Woodford Reserve too
I’m working my way through a bottle of Bulleit. I have a bottle of Bulleit rye too. Haven decoded on the next bottle, I went from Basil Hayden to Woodford to Bulleit. Maybe Knob Creek?

I've tried to like bourbon cocktails. Just can't seem to get into them.
A good friend of mine has Woodford as a client. He rang up $18k of company Xmas gifts a couple years ago.

We also make a “Half Assed Old Fashioned”
Good quality cherry
Orange twist
Bitters dash
Very Light muddle
Good bourbon or rye
Served neat in a ceramic cup about the size of an espresso cup.

For the record, my issue with Bennett stops at a different door. When he tried to sever Michael Bunting's spinal cord in the Toronto series and Players' Safety decided to issue him a fine instead of doing their job, THAT's my problem with Bennett. From that point on he's been a loosely guided missile who knows he can get away with walking right up to the line with little to no consequences. Was that a clean hit on Slavin? Probably. Would he have been so eager to deliver a snuff shot had he been disciplined for clearly trying to injure Bunting a couple of weeks before? Doubtful. This stuff builds on itself, and anyone who argues otherwise is frankly ... just flat out wrong.

That said, Florida got more than enough help from the refs in this series with their idiotically random definition of slashing to be worried about a single incident. Sometimes you can touch a guy on the glove with a stick and it's nothing and sometimes it's a penalty ... and too many times for my liking that judgement call leaned towards one team. Again, this stuff builds on itself, which is why the refs are supposed to pick a standard and stick to it. They failed in this series.
Ding ding ding, here is my winner on the topic at hand!!! "This stuff builds on itself" is to me the real point to be made in the playoffs...snuff it out early and send a message if a guy is running around in the playoffs acting like a fool...the Matt Martin antics to the back of Jordo's head in game two of the first round is a clear example of why you get a handle on guys like that early to send the message that you are not going to pull that shit and get away with it with a two minute minor...Bennett clearly has a history of garbage hits and antics starting in round one...his reputation is documented...I'm not bitching about the Slavin hit he laid, more about what JB said along the lines of him being a loosely guided missile and him knowing he can pretty much get away with it.

One thing the nhl could do is put some limits on the equipment get rid of the steel like should pads, elbow pads etc. and use padding for protection rather than weapons.
Agreed 100%

Also, any hit resulting in injury should be a major penalty. Period, end of story. Forget the double minor crap. And if upon review it can be determined the hit was to the head or otherwise intentional you get a game misconduct and an in person hearing with "player safety" for additional suspension time.

Agreed 100%

Also, any hit resulting in injury should be a major penalty. Period, end of story. Forget the double minor crap. And if upon review it can be determined the hit was to the head or otherwise intentional you get a game misconduct and an in person hearing with "player safety" for additional suspension time.
Any hit resulting in injury is a major? That’s just a recipe for out of control embellishment.

Any hit resulting in injury is a major? That’s just a recipe for out of control embellishment.
I'm talking about an injury for which a player doesn't return (like what happened to 86 and 74) ... but yeah embellishes need to be policed.

Back