• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Sharks 11/17 10:30

Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t fall back asleep, so I scanned through the replay. It looked like we were dominant even without Aho and deserved the result.
Rod’s head would have exploded if they rolled through Anaheim and San Jose with two losses…with all due respect to those two teams they will both be in the lottery hunt for the draft.

NHL refs are in a class of their own. There is no comparison when it comes to their awfulness. They are far and away the worst set of officials in all of sports and it’s not even close
Yep and this is why I am adamant that no tweaks are to be done to the power play rules that further limit the penalized team. Some are even great ideas, but not with the clown car of refeering that we have now.

Canes leading the NHL in Average Goals scored per game (4.75) and tied for 4th in average goals allowed per game (4.25).

Just like we all predicted, this season's Hurricanes team would put up goals for and goals allowed numbers similar to Gretzky's 80s Oilers teams.

Orlov is -7 through 4 games. Skjei leads the team with a +6 and also leads the team with 6 points and 5 assists.

Like Andy, I couldn't stay up past the 2nd period last night. And truth be told, I was disappointed with the team's performance up until that point. So, this morning it was a wonderful surprise to see that we played such a strong 3rd period. Other observations: Another SHG, TDA's mouth, and a suddenly improved PP. (Of course, our opponent plays into this.)

Despite the dustup with that ref, I'm comfortable with the way DeAngelo was used last night. 7th D, with only a couple of regular shifts and heavy power play time. Do that well and you'll be of value. Keep getting tossed in the box for being a jackass and you won't.

Overall, nice to get a road W when playing without your first line center regardless of what it looked like. Hopefully Raanta can settle down and start to actually stop some puck at some point, but that's why they've got 3 NHL level goalies I guess. One thing to keep in mind ... long term, it would be freaking terrifying to be without Aho for any length of time. Not that that's what's happening now, but it's a reminder for future reference.

Any word on Aho?
I haven't seen anything today. All they've said is that he's got an upper body thing and that they didn't want to push it. Doesn't sound like anything too terrible, but again ... it's enough for me to be concerned about options should he miss serious time.

I haven't seen anything today. All they've said is that he's got an upper body thing and that they didn't want to push it. Doesn't sound like anything too terrible, but again ... it's enough for me to be concerned about options should he miss serious time.
They’re supposed to practice in Seattle today, so we might get an update on him and Andersen mid-afternoonish.

I expect Pyotor to get called up. Anderson will be in concussion protocol.
Depends on whether or not he passed the initial screening, and the Canes never talk about that kind of thing until they're forced to make a roster move. If they're calling up Kochetkov, they'll likely have to do it today so he can meet the team in Seattle.

Which leads to the next question...if they wanted a spare forward with Aho out longer and Svech not ready...who is that man? Ponomarev was dinged up pretty good in training camp, Suzuki got hurt late in camp, all the try outs were sent packing...is that mystery man Rees by default?

Which leads to the next question...if they wanted a spare forward with Aho out longer and Svech not ready...who is that man? Ponomarev was dinged up pretty good in training camp, Suzuki got hurt late in camp, all the try outs were sent packing...is that mystery man Rees by default?
Depends on how hurt Suzuki is, I guess.

Back