• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Stars 1/25 8:30

Update on Freddie's upper body injury. Doesn't look good:

IMG_6484.jpg

Credit to my youngest daughter for this....

Last edited:
Despite the downsides (Freddie hurt - again, Coghlan's blunder, threatless PP and refs' incompetency) this was a well-played game against a really tough opponent. We played a hard, physical game that easily matched Dallas' usual aggressiveness, which was enjoyable to watch. I'd like to have All-Star Svech back instead of this pale imitation we're currently seeing, but Aho and Necas are definitely playing at full throttle.

Despite the downsides (Freddie hurt - again, Coghlan's blunder, threatless PP and refs' incompetency) this was a well-played game against a really tough opponent. We played a hard, physical game that easily matched Dallas' usual aggressiveness, which was enjoyable to watch. I'd like to have All-Star Svech back instead of this pale imitation we're currently seeing, but Aho and Necas are definitely playing at full throttle.
Great point on Svech…another long lull for sure, too hard on himself at times and very streaky, the dumb penalty issue won’t stop but he needs to find some consistency and just play his overpowering power forward game where he is going to the net and scoring goals on a regular basis.

I didn’t notice when I saw this live last night. Look at the people in the background, in front of the black curtain. That’s Tom Dundon being held up by security, waiting for a manager to clear him so he can go to the locker room.

No, and Hannah Yates had the perfect opportunity to ask during RBAs post game presser. No practice today, so we probably won’t get any info until tomorrow’s morning skate.
It's pretty obvious to me that Hanna and Tripp have been instructed not to ask about injuries in any serious way. Of course, they work for at the team's discretion so, I get it. But once again, where the heck is anybody else who covers this team? Our local media presence has been a freaking joke this season.

Good road W, by the way. Hard fought, territorial battle as you'd expect from these two. I still don't think DeBoer really has a handle on what to do with Brind'Amour's teams, FWIW. Other coaches should take the hint, but you know how much 90% of those guys feel when somebody tells them to do something other than adjust their trap scheme.

It's pretty obvious to me that Hanna and Tripp have been instructed not to ask about injuries in any serious way. Of course, they work for at the team's discretion so, I get it. But once again, where the heck is anybody else who covers this team? Our local media presence has been a freaking joke this season.
The game story in the N&O was from an AP writer. But it would be good if Chip or Cory or anyone else at the morning skate tomorrow asks the question.

The game story in the N&O was from an AP writer. But it would be good if Chip or Cory or anyone else at the morning skate tomorrow asks the question.
Somebody probably will, and will report the "no real update" or whatever soft, half description the Canes always offer up like it's actual information. My beef is with what happens next ... which this season has been not a thing. In a week or so, somebody will remember to ask about Slavin if he's still out. Maybe they'll even think to press the team on what's actually wrong with him. Nah, probably not. That would be confrontational and God forbid anyone risks ticking off Mike Sundheim and his communication minions.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm pretty disappointed by our local media coverage (or lack thereof). Even in The Athletic, which mostly does a good job of satisfying my need for all things hockey, the infrequency of local coverage compared to last year is palpable.

I think that seems to be what passes for reporting these days. No research, no digging. Just propaganda mouthpieces.

Back