• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 12/20 7:00

Man we need to win the cup in the next two years or a few teams are going to blow right by us.

Kochetkov bailed them out big time. The Devils were the better team and got goalied. That's not what we are used to as it usually the other way around.

Freddie is going to come back and find starts hard to come by
Freddie won’t give you game saving wins like Pyotr without breaking, spraining or injuring something…but he sure has had lots of time on the sidelines watching his job be taken away.

Just curious, was that Johnny Murray again last night tossing every guy out of the face off and acting like a douche at every turn? Someone needs to reel that guy in and tell him he is not the attraction out there.

Just curious, was that Johnny Murray again last night tossing every guy out of the face off and acting like a douche at every turn? Someone needs to reel that guy in and tell him he is not the attraction out there.
No, the linesmen were Derek Nansen #70 (the older, shortter guy) and Libor Suchanek #60.

Replaced:

Not as much of it as I'd like

Oh wow - thanks for posting that clip. We left the arena just after announcing the 3 stars and could kick myself for not staying when I heard Adam Gold talking about this interview. Fantastic!

No, the linesmen were Derek Nansen #70 (the older, shortter guy) and Libor Suchanek #60.
Thanks andyt...they both must have been trained by Johnny Murray! :) The first period was just ridiculous when it came to guys getting thrown out of the dot.

Oh wow - thanks for posting that clip. We left the arena just after announcing the 3 stars and could kick myself for not staying when I heard Adam Gold talking about this interview. Fantastic!
Most welcome. I heard it and it just was so warm and I had to share

Great win, despite not being the better team. NJ looks really fast and skilled, but their goalie wasn't up to the task tonight. Our PK was great, but our PP was abysmal. Kochetkov looks like the real deal...he seems unflappable out there and kept us in the game. That said, we need to see what a healthy Freddie looks like - you can't have too many good goalies when the playoffs begin.

My favorite in-arena entertainment last night was the NJ fan sitting behind me. He booed the Canes when they came on the ice and I thought he would be trouble, but as the game wore on, he got more down on his team and the Canes fans around him offered him a Canes jersey to wear. By the time we were singing Sweet Caroline he was singing along with us and substituting "Jersey Sucks" with some of the chants. When asked if NJ really sucks, he replied "Sure, why do you think I moved here?"

Thanks andyt...they both must have been trained by Johnny Murray! :) The first period was just ridiculous when it came to guys getting thrown out of the dot.
Nansen and Murray are contemporaries, in the league since 2002 and 2000, respectively. Suchanek is pretty new, 5 years as a linesman.

Not really - although Lindholm really pissed me off when he golf clapped in front of the Canes fans after winning at PNC.
In former Canes heel turn listings, Haula has to be at the top for persistence if nothing else. The way that guy nurses a grudge, you'd think he played more than half a freaking season here. Based on the last couple of games with Calgary I think Lindy has gotten over it. About the only other guy that even really tried it on was Aaron Ward, and that only lasted as long as his stint with the Bruins. I think simply being in Boston was bad for that dude's mental health. Otherwise I can't really recall any former Canes nursing active, public grudges. Honestly, that's not that surprising since both Rutherford and Waddell have long term reputations for being very respectful of their players and maintaining relationships.

Back