• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 12/20 7:00

Oh yeah ... the game. I thought Jersey had the scarier-looking chances, but overall the Canes managed to generate just about as much even on a night when their top line didn't do a ton. But yeah, the simplest difference last night was in net. Kochetkov was really good, and both Devils goalies gave up dumb goals. That'll kill ya, as will only scoring once otherwise. The Devils are quick and dangerous, but still seem quite immature as a team. Not that they act like kids, but more that they don't always manage tight game situations particularly well.

Seems like with Haula it’s personal against some of the Canes players.
Meh. Minnesota and Vegas both gave up on him largely because he was kind of an a-hole that other guys didn't like to play with and since then he hasn't spent two years in the same place. I think he's just a jackass.

Yeah. That wasn't the first time Hughes has blown the doors off of a solid defensive-minded opponent. He makes a lot of good players look bad.
Turbo doesn’t have the explosiveness to stay with him. Or the strength to push him hard enough to keep him from blowing past on the outside. Once Hughes got Turbo that wide that high with no help available there wasn’t anything Turbo could do besides hook him. Kid is very good.

Turbo doesn’t have the explosiveness to stay with him. Or the strength to push him hard enough to keep him from blowing past on the outside. Once Hughes got Turbo that wide that high with no help available there wasn’t anything Turbo could do besides hook him. Kid is very good.
I mean, no he doesn't. Neither does pretty much anybody in the NHL aside from maybe five guys. Tops. Hughes dices guys like a hibachi chef out there.

Back