• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 2/10 7:00

I don’t like the whole whalers thing. What am I supposed to do to not partake? Root for the Devils? Glad I don’t have tickets for tonight.

It is one night a year. Canes make a ton of bank. Not partaking is don't buy the jerseys. If enough people do that it goes away. If it is that offensive to anyone's senses, don't come to that one game a year and raise a huge stink with ticket reps.

Do Avs fans have these same opinions when the Nordiques jerseys are sold?

Last edited:
this is a game of Hockey.. But not one I'd want to watch the tape of.
💯 Not sure who drew up the game plan but it sucks…change something up because the Devils just love the fact that one cheap bounce in the third will be enough to steal two road points.

Many people seem to forget the Whalers gear has always been one of top five best selling and most loved logos and color schemes of all time in the NHL. You cannot blame a business for capitalizing on something that many folks seem to like spending their money on…it’s more about the love of the logo and the gear than anything else at this point.

It is one night a year. Canes make a ton of bank. Not partaking is don't buy the jerseys. If enough people do that it goes away. If it is that offensive to anyone's senses, don't come to that one game a year and raise a huge stink with ticket reps.

Do Avs fans have these same opinions when the Nordiques jerseys are sold?
No. It’s Carolina. Not “Carolina excuse me Hartford’. Fine wear their sweaters for the warmup, but this is the Carolina Hurricanes every game.

Many people seem to forget the Whalers gear has always been one of top five best selling and most loved logos and color schemes of all time in the NHL. You cannot blame a business for capitalizing on something that many folks seem to like spending their money on…it’s more about the love of the logo and the gear than anything else at this point.
Blech

Kochetkov is one Shut out behind Raanta for 8th in shutouts as a Cane.. He's 5 away from 5.(tie)

Last edited:
I’m a bit surprised the Canes offense has been stymied by “that” Devils defense…
Devils definitely played the “in your face” Canes game tonight. Glad to #52 play an awesome game and of course, #20, the new most underrated player in the league. He’s quietly becoming the next #10. Ronnie F.

Back