• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Flyers 11/15 7:30

This team was not prepared to play from the get go and is being embarrassed on home ice…where is the heart on this team to do something and show up?

Our passing is garbage. 77 had 3 off the mark passes on that powerplay.

Can’t pay attention to the crease, can’t pass. Can’t make a save. Cold garbage all around.

Was that the Canes or the Invisible Men World Tour? Bunch of no shows all around, Invisalign Arena at 8am for a good, hard bag skate to wake them all up!

Our passes are off target. Our guys are either not ready to shoot when they get the puck or have to move out of position to capture the pass. We spend 2 seconds getting the pass then spin and shoot at the net and wonder why the goalie is already there as well as layers of defenders to block the puck.

That was another very poor effort.

Aho I hope is still injured... Necas Barely noticed. the Staal line did staal line things.. When we are off We are OFF

Our passes are off target. Our guys are either not ready to shoot when they get the puck or have to move out of position to capture the pass. We spend 2 seconds getting the pass then spin and shoot at the net and wonder why the goalie is already there as well as layers of defenders to block the puck.

That was another very poor effort.
Good synopsis - you nailed it. Watching the game in the PNC last night one word came to mind: Craptacular. We somehow managed to make the Flyers look good (sort of, they weren't) and I can't believe the Canes - from top to bottom - would be so out of sync for the entire game. Ironically, TDA had two really great passes - one we connected on and one we didn't.

The passing issue is inconsistency. We make some great difficult passes but me miss way more of those than we connect on. That’s ok those are low percentage high reward passes.

The passing issues that are killing us are short passes that should be high percentage on the money. We miss them by 2 feet which means the receiver has to adjust to receive it or has to take extra time to contain it. (Or not get it or it gets intercepted or tipped away.) That either allows the goalie to get set for the shot - which we still take, or it allows the d time to get set for the next pass.

If those are on target we would get way more open looks and force the d to chase. Frustrating to watch the opportunities turn into nothing.

We’re not getting anything offensively from MSF or Drury. We need an upgrade at 3C so MSF can be the 4th line. RBA has to stop throwing them over the boards in key situations, they’re not contributing. The 3rd pairing needs to be fixed. Whether it’s Orlov’s or TDA’s fault is immaterial at this point. The learning curve should have flattened out by this point but it hasn’t. It’s time to end the TDA experiment and give him an engraved seat in the press box or a ticket out of town. And Necas has reverted to his 2021-22 form at even strength.

The passing issue is inconsistency.
I would argue that the passing issue is common sense. I lost count of how many times they lost the pack last night trying risky passes through the (congested) middle of the ice when there were other options. Yes, it's boring to make the safe play. Also yes, constantly turning the puck over is dumb. Figure it out.

I would argue that the passing issue is common sense. I lost count of how many times they lost the pack last night trying risky passes through the (congested) middle of the ice when there were other options. Yes, it's boring to make the safe play. Also yes, constantly turning the puck over is dumb. Figure it out.
I noticed that too. I think if they were crisp with their passing more of those would get through. It’s not that those passes aren’t there but the space/time window is fleeting. Kind of like a QB being late on the throw. The window is only open for a second and it’s a small window.

We miss the time window bobbling the puck and then try to make the pass that was there 1 second ago. Or the shot that was a goal 1 second sooner. Then half the time it’s off target again.

Slavin had a chance last night and couldn’t get lined up fast enough. The defender went down to lock and he shot anyway - blocked. Svetch received a crossing pass with the net gaping but had to do a 180 to corral the puck and as he came back around he shot anyway to the waiting goalie. The broadcasters marveled at the rebound control - heck he was set.

Back