• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Habs 12/28 7:00

Back to back 4 point nights for Aho.

KKs line was garbage tonight. And that’s being generous.

Habs didn’t have a shot in the last 17:10 of the 3rd period. That included 4 minutes on the PP.

Pretty 50/50 game with a couple of extended periods of control by both teams. Raanta looked like he had just come from rehab ... a twitchy, shattered mess trying not to cast a shadow ... but it didn't end up costing the Canes, so ... fine, I guess. I'm not interested in ever seeing that from him ever again, however. Frodo has Montreal playing Carolina's systems, which is a compliment I guess, but it made the game look a bit like an intra-squad scrimmage. With more aggro. Whatever. It's pragmatic season for the Canes. They got the W, and at this point it really doesn;t matter what it looks like.

I was skeptical of shifting Jarvis to Staal's line, but the kid has given the old fella and Marty a kick in the drawers. Meanwhile, Fast is clearly thriving on the 4th line, so that's a win also.

Fast looks like a new man out there without Martinook and Staal endlessly cycling the puck without accomplishing anything resembling a decent scoring chance. Having Jarvis out there instead at least gives Staal's line some sort of creative skill and speed. I suspect the kid will get tired of watching his 5v5 offense evaporate, but it worked for this first night.

Fast looks like a new man out there without Martinook and Staal endlessly cycling the puck without accomplishing anything resembling a decent scoring chance. Having Jarvis out there instead at least gives Staal's line some sort of creative skill and speed. I suspect the kid will get tired of watching his 5v5 offense evaporate, but it worked for this first night.
Hard not to agree with what both JB and CM is saying here.

For all practical purposes, Noesen-Drury-Fast was the 3rd line last night. KK had under 10 minutes at even strength, Necas under 9. Bunting somehow had 10:30 but he came straight out of the penalty box into play. Not surprisingly, that line along with Lemieux and TDA were at practice today. Jarvis was too, but it certainly wasn’t because of poor play.

Back