• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Islanders 4/30 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Another chance to close out the Islanders. History is against them, they’ve never won a first round series in fewer than 6 games. Let’s break that streak.

RBA put the lines in the blender yesterday to try to generate some offense. The teams are even in 5 on 5 goals and that has to change to survive and advance. Here is what they were at practice yesterday. We should see Andersen in goal again.

Svech/Aho/Guentzel
Martinook/Drury/Necas
Turbo/Staal/Jarvis
KK/Kuzy/Noesen

The Islanders also mixed things up a bit. Matt Martin is out again, so this is how they practiced yesterday. Roy confirmed Varlamov gets the start in goal.

Cizikas-Horvat-Barzal
Fasching-Nelson-Palmieri
Lee-Pageau-Engvall
Holmstrom-MacLean-Clutterbuck

Balky Sports South and TBS for TV

Interested to see if Brind'Amour makes any other adjustments aside from shifting the line personnel tonight. He's largely avoided line matching and hasn't really pushed the advantage he has of being able to play his 4th line against NYI's 2nd or 3rd line. If Roy goes with the hybrid defensive system that has given the Isles a bit of a boost with possession time, I wonder if Carolina will try to amp up the puck pressure and push the pace more to try and wear them out a bit more. They've kind of played it close to the vest this series so far and just let their natural depth advantage play out.

I would have thought Kochetkov got a start here and there. He needs not to be too rusty and Andersen does need not to get overplayed.

On my Spectrum guide, Bally has the pregame at 7 and game at 7:30, but TBS has the pregame at 6:30 and game at 7

Apparently, Biz and Ace are going to have a lot of time to comment on our warmups because that's the only thing going on between 7 and 7:30 :D:D the 7:00 BOS/TOR game is on ESPN so I don't think they can just show that one for half hour instead.

Back